Auto DJ not play certain songs, but still play in Party Mode

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lpeters82

Auto DJ not play certain songs, but still play in Party Mode

Post by lpeters82 »

Is there a way to have Auto DJ not play certain songs, but still allow them to be added in Party Mode? I am using Party Mode as a jukebox. I have several cheesy songs, which I want individuals to have the option of playing, but I don't want them to be selected by the Auto DJ. So if Hanson's MMMBop starts playing, I want there to be a moment where people ask, "Alright, who added this song?". Likewise there are songs for specific events, like Happy Birthday. I like having the option of adding them to the playlist, but I don't need them randomly playing. I tried searching this question and didn't find an answer, but please provide a link if there is a previous answer I've overlooked.
Lowlander

Re: Auto DJ not play certain songs, but still play in Party

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-DJ can be set to a Collection or AutoPlaylist. Both are Criteria based and can exclude files. For example if you have those files on a Playlist have that Playlist excluded. If they all belong to an exclusive Genre (like Cheesy) then exclude that Genre.
lpeters82

Re: Auto DJ not play certain songs, but still play in Party

Post by lpeters82 »

Thank you for the reply. I did some playing with it at lunch and came to a similar conclusion. I haven't tried the exclude option, but what I did was to create an playlist titled, "Auto DJ". I moved all of my music, minus those cheesy songs into that playlist. I then set the Auto DJ to play files from that playlist. That should work perfectly. I can't wait to test it out at at our next party.