MM Gold : Triall Codecs - What?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MediaJunkie69

MM Gold : Triall Codecs - What?

Post by MediaJunkie69 »

Okay so I was finally able to justify buying Gold (lifetime) so that I can convert my videos on the fly when sending them to my phone instead of having extra (reduced) versions of the same videos in my library. But now that I have upgraded to Gold my conversion settings show my codecs are trial versions only. Is this correct? Am I missing something or did I just throw away 50 bucks?

The pre sales information states
Encode unlimited MP3s without having to manually install a new MP3 encoder (the free version of MediaMonkey includes a time-limited LAME MP3 encoder. If you’re so inclined, you can manually replace it with the free LAME encoder, or you can just upgrade to MediaMonkey Gold).
Your input would be appreciated.
Teknojnky

Re: MM Gold : Triall Codecs - What?

Post by Teknojnky »

The gold includes the full MP3 encoder.

Unfortunately MP3 is not VIDEO.

Originally MM did not support video, it was only in newer versions that video was added.

For the additional codecs required a license fee so MM dev cannot provide for free.

That is why the additional codecs are trial/limited/cost even more extra.

I am not even sure that MM will transcode videos for you with the codecs, you should utilize the codec trial period to see if that works the way you want.
Lowlander

Re: MM Gold : Triall Codecs - What?

Post by Lowlander »

Codecs cost money (for MediaMonkey to their respective developers/owners). This is why many codecs are sold as an Addon instead of increasing the cost of MediaMonkey for all as not all users will require these additional codecs.