Network Drives

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SteveMcdona

Network Drives

Post by SteveMcdona »

Hello,

I am using Windows 10, MediaMonkey 4.1.19.1859 and a Western Digital Network Hard Drive. I like to rip my CD's to my Music Library that is on the network drive. When I use the Rip Audio CD command and the Rip CD window appears, I press the Folder Icon to select the Folder to where I wish to rip the CD . At this point there is a long delay and more often than not a "Not Responding" message in the Rip CD Window. Sometimes when I get the folder window for the drive it will tell me the chosen folder is not accessible. For me this is very time consuming and not very slick IMHO. Am I missing something here. I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Steve
Peke

Re: Network Drives

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Instead of browse can you confirm that if you use Copy/paste from Windows explorer address bar there is no freeze?

After Microsoft released Windows 10 there is common known issue that some non Microsoft network shares are not shown in Network list and its paths needs to be typed manually (This is not an issue with MMW or WD but with QNAP, D-Link, Synology, ...).

If you have at least one scanned folder from WD you should be able to browse share without any issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SteveMcdona

Post by SteveMcdona »

Hello Pavle,

A very belated thank you for your Copy/Paste suggestion. It works for me. I didn't mention that the problem is intermittent and I neglected to look for a response after a couple of days. I just bought a couple of second hand CD's and encountered the same problem. I came to the forum and found your response from November. Major embarrassment. I followed your advice and will do the same in the future.

Thanks

Steve
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My pleasure. Better late than ever.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts