Artwork Not Showing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

BarrowWight

Artwork Not Showing

Post by BarrowWight »

I am having problems displaying Album Art. I have a lot of WMA files and WAV files which I created some time ago by ripping my CDs using Windows Media Player. The artwork for these files is saved externally as jpg files. In MM, most, but not all of these display the album covers. Most, but not all are accurate. I am now using MM Gold to RIP files in FLAC format. The problem is the Album Art is not showing. If I run "Auto-Tag from Web", the artwork is found but does not get saved with the file. I have tried the 3 different "save" settings, "Save image to tag (if possible) otherwise save to folder", "Save image to file folder", "Save image to tag (if possible) and to file folder" but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have also changed these settings in Tools + Options + Library + Tags & Playlists. It looks like the lyrics are being saved down but not the artwork.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Can anyone suggest a way to get MM to save the artwork?
2. Is there a way to get MM to automatically add metadata or tags as I rip the CD, rather than having to do this manually later using "Auto-Tag from Web"?
Any help will be appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Artwork Not Showing

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?
BarrowWight

Post by BarrowWight »

MM Gold 4.1.18.1853 running on Win 10 Pro.
BarrowWight

Post by BarrowWight »

I am not sure about this but I think that it may have been due to my settings.
In Tools + Options + General + Network (Proxy & Freedb), I unchecked the Use Proxy Server box.
Now when I run Auto-Tag from Web the album art is saved.
I need to do a few more checks to see if this was the culprit but it looks likely as my network does not use a proxy server (as far as I know).