Auto-Tag from Web not working

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dirk.altenberg1

Auto-Tag from Web not working

Post by dirk.altenberg1 »

Hi,
An update to 4.1.18.1853 somewhat ruined my existing installation. All preferences were gone, also, my good old skin does not work anymore. Ok, I can live with that. However, if I want to update the tag with auto-tag form web, the respective windows opens, but no data is in the search field - just the standard Search for Title, Artist, or Album. I have to enter all items manually.
Would you have an idea what went wrong here, please?
Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Auto-Tag from Web not working

Post by Lowlander »

Do the selected files(s) have Album and Album Artist known and are they the same value for all selected files?
dirk.altenberg1

Hi Lowlander,
Thanks for having a look. It's just one file, and title and artist are correctly tagged.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I just tried and here it works. Is the issue that the Search field remains empty or that the results don't fill any fields?
dirk.altenberg1

I do the right click on the artist, select auto-tag from web, the windows opens, and instead of artist and title in the search box on the left side of the search box, only "Search for Title, Artist, or Album" appears. with the old installation, the artist name got populated and the search started automatically.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That works too here. Are you using one of the default Amazon sources in Auto-Tag from Web? Have you tried a PC restart?
dirk.altenberg1

yup, changed the sources (i.e. Amazon.com/amazon.de). I also have this problem for roughly a week, so had a couple of reboots in between.

Looks like I have to re-install the whole shebang
dirk.altenberg1

thanks lowlander for your input. I found a relatively recent back-up of the previous version. Works as usual. Let's see if I find the time to upgrade again - I like the old theme a lot. :-)
Thanks again