Keeping FLAC and MP3 files of same album not combined

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gumby67

Keeping FLAC and MP3 files of same album not combined

Post by gumby67 »

I want to have the same album in both FLAC and MP3 format, but in album view they are combined as one album with two copies of each track (one being the flac file and one being the MP3 file).

Since I have (or want) MP3 copies of all (2000) albums, but currently only have a fraction (200-300) of them in FLAC my thought is for the FLAC tracks to change the album name at the end added something like "(FLAC)".

Wondering if anyone has other idea ( like I'm missing there is already a feature I can turn on where they will not be combined if the tracks are different formats - which if no one says there is this feature I think I'll put in a feature request ).
Lowlander

Re: Keeping FLAC and MP3 files of same album not combined

Post by Lowlander »

As MediaMonkey can auto-convert on-the-fly when synchronizing or DLNA streaming it is not designed to handle multiple copies of the same file. However you can separate content based on Location or File Type in both Collections and AutoPlaylists (Gold features).

You could also manually mark MP3 files that have a FLAC copy (using one of the Custom fields) and then filter them out.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

gumby67 wrote:my thought is for the FLAC tracks to change the album name at the end added something like "(FLAC)".
RFR add-on works great for that. Although, I think you can filter with the aforementioned Collections just using extension for criteria,
if I'm remembering correctly. :wink:
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
gumby67

Post by gumby67 »

Guess I should have stated why I want to have both FLAC and MP3 versions ... because I'm being stubborn in wanting to stick to using iTunes to put music on my iOS devices and it doesn't support FLAC.

Thank you all for your suggestions.