Sorting trachs via album number

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Codeslamer

Sorting trachs via album number

Post by Codeslamer »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to sort my music list by the albums, which are numbered from 1 to about 230ish. My problem though is they are being ordered like (1,10,100,101ect) as apposed to just (1,2,3,4). I know it's kinda a problem in Windows as a whole, but I was wondering if there was any work around for it,

yarguy

Re: Sorting trachs via album number

Post by yarguy »

Is the number in a separate field or is it a prefix to an alpha field? Are you willing to tolerate leading 0 numbering (i.e., 001, 014, etc.)?
Codeslamer wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to sort my music list by the albums, which are numbered from 1 to about 230ish. My problem though is they are being ordered like (1,10,100,101ect) as apposed to just (1,2,3,4). I know it's kinda a problem in Windows as a whole, but I was wondering if there was any work around for it,

Lowlander

Re: Sorting trachs via album number

Post by Lowlander »

You'll need to append leading zeros to the naming convention you use, RegExp Find & Fix may be able to automate this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nd+%26+Fix

Alternative use an other field for this. However I believe you'll still need the leading zeros for most of them.