I can't locate "missing" files after batch conversion.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

New new wave

I can't locate "missing" files after batch conversion.

Post by New new wave »

Hello.
I converted all my lossless files from AAC to FLAC today, the new files are located in the exact same folders with the exact same names.
But the only difference is that they have now the ".flac" extension instead of the ".m4a" extension.
So, MM views them as missing files. I tried to "locate missing files" but it fails to associate the database entries with the newly converted files.
I don't want to "recon" again my entire library and get rid of my old database entries because all my ratings will then be lost.
How can I reclaim my newly converted files without losing my ratings for each song from the database?
Lowlander

Re: I can't locate "missing" files after batch conversion.

Post by Lowlander »

There is no quick way to do this afterwards (I presume you would have had to do Convert Format with Replace Originals in MediaMonkey). Your only tool now is Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix which can copy metadata from one set of files to another set of files including Play History and Playlist entries: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000
New new wave

Re: I can't locate "missing" files after batch conversion.

Post by New new wave »

Lowlander wrote:There is no quick way to do this afterwards (I presume you would have had to do Convert Format with Replace Originals in MediaMonkey). Your only tool now is Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix which can copy metadata from one set of files to another set of files including Play History and Playlist entries: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=13000
Yep. I just noticed that MM offers the Convert Formal option with replacing the older files. I should've used that in the first place instead of a third party software...
Ehh... I'll just revert back to my old files from the recycle bin and convert it all over again with MM.
Thank you.