Lost Play History

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sunspot

Lost Play History

Post by sunspot »

Hmm. I migrated MM to a different machine a few months back, and I just noticed I seem to have lost the entire play history. Any ideas on how to get my original history back (and possibly sync it with what's been played since)?
Lowlander

Re: Lost Play History

Post by Lowlander »

Play History is in the database which can be migrated when you change PC: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Odd. I did migrate it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then likely either you didn't migrate the database file to the correct place or didn't update the Paths to your media after the update and instead had files scanned in again.
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Lowlander wrote:Then likely either you didn't migrate the database file to the correct place or didn't update the Paths to your media after the update and instead had files scanned in again.
I definitely didn't do a rescan when I migrated - I futzed with a couple of settings and MM continued without a hiccup.

I'm assuming the DB file must have been in the correct place, because MM never complained it couldn't find/read it.

I do have an older backup copy of the database. Is there any way to sync in the old play counts?

Some of the play counts are pretty high already. High enough to make me wonder if this isn't related to the migration, but might have happened earlier for some reason, like a year or two ago.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It won't complain as it already has a database to work with when installed. Furthermore Folder Monitoring can mask that it isn't using the old database as it auto-scans content.

There is: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=42085
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Oh, thanks. I'll have to give that a try. Also need to setup a way to backup the database from this new server, since it doesn't have any backup software running on it at the moment... A weekend job...