Transfer Play Count And Date Added Details

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Stigg

Transfer Play Count And Date Added Details

Post by Stigg »

I am about to re-rip an MP3 album to FLAC which I have had in MediaMonkey for many years.
Is there a way to transfer the date added and play count details over to the newly ripped FLAC version?
MMFrLife

Re: Transfer Play Count And Date Added Details

Post by MMFrLife »

No and yes.

The easy solution would be to use Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix. That is, if it allowed for those fields. Unfortunately it does not.
One workaround is to use RegExp Find & Replace with it.

Use RFR to copy those fileds to a temp field (one that ADF&Fx accepts, maybe Custom X, Grouping, etc) > After you rerip, copy those fields (with ADF&Fx)
to the new rip > use RFR to copy those temp fields to the desired ones > clear temp fields, if desired.

I didn't fully test, so I'm not certain you won't run into a problem. I'm not sure if there is an add-on that better suits or another workaround :(
If you have any questions about add-ons, ask in appropriate forum/threads.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Thanks MMFrLife.

I decided not to bother messing about.
It would be good if it could be done easily.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

If you want to transfer play counts and play dates, maybe you could try Track Redirection & Synchronization add-on. With this add-on you could easily copy tags and/or play stats from the one sets of tracks to the another one (e.g. from flac files to mp3):
1. choose Tools \ Track Redirection \ Create Redirections/Copy Metadata for Duplicates/Folders option;
2. select Folders radio button;
3. specify Master folder (with old files);
4. specify Copy folder (with new files);
5. select tracks which you want to synchronize (if you click on the left topmost check box you would select all contained tracks);
6. click on the Synchronize button if you want to copy tags or Transfer ps. if you want to transfer play counts and play dates.

If you want to copy tags using this method, you should specify which of them you want to copy in Tools \ Track Redirection \ Options dialog box before you apply the suggested steps.

The requirements to copy metadata are that both sets of tracks (old and new) should be previously entered into the Library (e.g. using Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library option) and both sets of tracks should have exactly same file names, e.g. "03 - blah blah.flac" and "03 - blah blah.mp3".

You could synchronize more than one album at once as long as you have the same folder structure with the old and new files, e.g. for the old files:
c:\My Music\Lossless\Rock\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon\xxx.flac
c:\My Music\Lossless\Rock\Pink Floyd\Wish You Were Here\xxx.flac

and the new files:
d:\My Music\Compressed\Rock\Pink Floyd\The Dark Side of the Moon\xxx.mp3
d:\My Music\Compressed\Rock\Pink Floyd\Wish You Were Here\xxx.mp3

you should specify:
Master folder: c:\My Music\Lossless\
Copy folder: d:\My Music\Compressed\
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Stigg wrote:Thanks MMFrLife.
I decided not to bother messing about.
It would be good if it could be done easily.
Well, I didn't mean to imply that it was all that difficult. Just not easy peasy.
You should be just fine if you have current key MM and Media files backed up.
If you're not experienced with the above mentioned add-ons, just ask
questions in that forum/those threads. Some of us are willing and happy to help. Some add-ons can seem
a bit overwhelming at first, but easily manageable with help. :)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix can copy both Added and Play History from old copy to new copy: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +duplicate and is as straight forward as right click, copy metadata, right click, paste metadata.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Well, there you go! :)
Thanks, Lowlander.

I forgot about database values section.
I was just looking at the tags settings menu.

I don't really care as much about play stats/Added, so when I copy/paste I don't really think about them transferring.
😜
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Thanks all. :)
Stigg

Post by Stigg »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:31 pm Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix can copy both Added and Play History from old copy to new copy: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13000&hilit=advanced+duplicate and is as straight forward as right click, copy metadata, right click, paste metadata.
I'm about to give that a try. :)
Will that keep the MM database information in tact?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It can copy any selected metadata from 1 file to another and also on which Playlists it is.