Taskbar Thumbnail Distorted? [#14251]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

melr

Taskbar Thumbnail Distorted? [#14251]

Post by melr »

Hi!

I hope someone can help me solve this because I have searched the internet but I haven't been able to find a solution for this.
It is not a big crucial bug or something but it is very annoying and well just ugly looking!

All taskbar thumbnails are the proper default size I have no issue with any other app Media Monkey. I recently got a new laptop, I have never before had this issue either.
IT's obviously windows 10 and if any other information is needed to ask, I can also provide a screenshot if that would help?

Basically the thumbnail is bigger than it should be, the album art is hence bigger and distorted and blurry, also the rating below the album art is ridiculously huge.

Can anyone help me solve this please?? I would really appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!!
MMFrLife

Re: Taskbar Thumbnail Distorted?

Post by MMFrLife »

Can you provide a screenshot and what version of MM?
Do you have the Win10 Creator's update installed?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
melr

Post by melr »

Hi! Thnx for replying!

https://unsee.cc/nasogumi/ This is the link to the screenshots.. I hope the link works..

About the Creator's update.. No idea lol.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

melr wrote:All taskbar thumbnails are the proper default size I have no issue with any other app Media Monkey.
Basically the thumbnail is bigger than it should be, the album art is hence bigger and distorted and blurry, also the rating below the album art is ridiculously huge.
It's difficult to tell what you are talking about from that screenshot. It shows the taskbar icon and the taskbar player. The taskbar icon looks like it might
be a little fuzzy and the taskbar player and it's art don't look to be in ridiculous proportions. I don't see ratings other than the "+" "-" rating buttons. Is that what you mean?

I'll have to upgrade to .1836, but I'm on Win7. Maybe someone else can chime in.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

I've also noticed this recently and I think it is related to the Windows 10 Creator's Update. The thumbnail is stretched horizontally.

I think what's happening is the width/height proportions being displayed are for the full MM window when it's actually displaying artwork. E.g. artwork that should be square is displayed as a rectangle in proportion to MM's window size.

Currently on build 1836 but I went back a few versions to test. Build 1813 now displays the same behaviour but it did not before the Creators Update.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not on Creators Update yet and 1836 is displaying fine.
melr

Post by melr »

rivorson wrote:I've also noticed this recently and I think it is related to the Windows 10 Creator's Update. The thumbnail is stretched horizontally.

I think what's happening is the width/height proportions being displayed are for the full MM window when it's actually displaying artwork. E.g. artwork that should be square is displayed as a rectangle in proportion to MM's window size.

Currently on build 1836 but I went back a few versions to test. Build 1813 now displays the same behaviour but it did not before the Creators Update.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. The artwork is stretched and yeah, my bad on that screenshot since there's no rating but it's the same with it.. Rating symbols are way too big.

I checked with windows and apparently I have got the latest update - the creator's studio.

I'm guessing there's no fix for this then? It's just driving me crazy lol.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I've got the same problem since the creator's update
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

melr

Re: Taskbar Thumbnail Distorted? [#14251]

Post by melr »

Aww thank you!! :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
News. I've ben finally able to replicate on one of My PCs. Well at least partially.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

Hi,

I've just updated to MediaMonkey 4.1.17.1840 to see if this issue has been fixed as described in the release notes/changelog.

However, this problem still persists on my system with the new version. Here's a screenshot:

The workaround of moving my mouse outside and back on Taskbar still (temporarily) fixes the issue.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Agreed, no change in 1840 with Windows 10 build 15063.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That us creators Update Right?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pbryanw

Post by pbryanw »

@Peke - Yep, I think this problem started for me when I updated to the UK Creators Update, sometime around April.