Library cannot be opened

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jgt1942

Library cannot be opened

Post by jgt1942 »

Originally I had my music library on my "B" drive and reconfigured my system and now this drive is my "E drive. When I open MMW it states that it cannot open B:\Libraries\Music. When I first got this message I did create a new local library and pointed to the new location E:\Libraries\Music, it was scanned and the files were added. However when I close and open MMW it still wants to use the B:\Libraries\Music.

How in the heck do I correct this?
I'm using MMW 4.1.15.1830 on Win10 x64

I've looked at all the menu items including Tools > Options and could not find a solution, I looked in the help and this was totally useless.
MMFrLife

Re: Library cannot be opened

Post by MMFrLife »

MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable Folder Monitoring on this location (File > Add/Rescan Files) or put the database file itself there (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e-location)?

Note that the B drive can be used, but it may require an ini change: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... elp:#Notes

As mentioned above if MediaMonkey is still looking for your media files on the B drive the Addon will help fix that: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=63823
jgt1942

Post by jgt1942 »

Ops, no brass ring so far. I tried both methods and so far I've not got a solution.
Did you enable Folder Monitoring on this location (File > Add/Rescan Files) or put the database file itself there (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e-location)?
I just read and will try this. But before I do.
- When I open MMW all of the music shows as being on Drive E, e.g. none shows up on Drive B.
- I've modified the .ini file and originally it pointed to drive B
- Using the search tool Everything I searched for MeidaMonkey.ini and I found it at
- C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini
- D:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini > This entry confuses me because it does not exist, e.g. I look at the D drive and the file does not exist, this drive is a backup drive. I forced a rebuild of the Everything index and still it is found, e.g. it is being index by Everything.
-The DBName was already > DBName=E:\Libraries\Music I did not have to change it.
- LastScannedFolders=$"E:\Libraries\Music"$
- The MM.DB seems to be locate in the correct place > C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MM.DB and it was updated just a few minutes ago.

- Now when I open MMW I get "Library file E:\Libraries\Music can't be opened, would you like to create a new local library.

OK I got tired of all of this, used Revo uninstaller, uninstalled MMW, reinstalled, added my Music Library on the E drive, now all seems to be working. I lost a few playlist but that is no big deal at this time.

Much thinks for trying to help me.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Well, that's one way of doing it! Glad you're back to working order.
btw, been using "Everything" search for years: simple, quick and good! :wink: :D 8)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜