Lyrics have "code" at the end

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Lyrics have "code" at the end

Post by rrfpacker »

I've just noticed this code at the end of the lyrics in MM after I've done a lyrics look up. I'm still using version 4.1.8.1751 portable mode. It doesn't happen every time and it's quite annoying. Sometimes the part at the beginning (below it is the Lonely days to alright...) is the song title, sometimes not. Any thoughts?

Lonely days, lonely nights,
Someday babe, it's gonna be alright... <table cellspacing="3px" class="song-credit-box"><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-align:top"> Written by: </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C; text-align:center; font-size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics have "code" at the end

Post by Lowlander »

Definitely start with updating MediaMonkey as these issues get updated with new release regularly. The current release is 4.1.14.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I was waiting to see if someone else is having this issue. I have it too and I have the latest. I believe it's a bona fide bug/regression, or a
periodic quirk with the lyrics site, that needs to be reported. :-
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's an issue with the lyrics site. Do you have it on any recently tagged files? Do you have any clue to the source site? I don't see it here.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yes, it's on recently tagged files as of last night. I'll have to look into later, I don't have access to MM right now.
Thanks
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander wrote:It's an issue with the lyrics site. Do you have it on any recently tagged files? Do you have any clue to the source site? I don't see it here.
I just highlight the tracks I want to get album art and lyrics for and click the button on the tool bar that does so. It goes to Amazon doesn't it? I have not done anything to change whatever the default is.

Yes, it is recently tagged files, but not all. I tagged three albums today and only one had the problem, but it started maybe three weeks ago.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Mine is whatever the default is (isn't it something like azlyrics, or used to be?).
Also, I concur, it isn't every time but fairly often. Maybe 3 of every 5 or so.

I haven't done any lyrics in a while until last night. Actually, the last ones I did in the last version, or maybe a version or two ago,
the lyrics function stopped finding them altogether.
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lyrics lookup happens from a variety of sources and only from the Art & Details window or the Lyrics tab on the Properties dialog as far as I know.

If possible give a few example files with MediaMonkey 4.1.14 that have this: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13565
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Here are some examples using version in my sig.

This is what appears at the end of the lyrics:

The Dead Weather - "Blue Blood Blues" from Sea of Cowards

<table cellspacing="3px" class="song-credit-box"><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-
align:top"> Written by: </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C; text-
align:center; font-size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>

CCR - "Proud Mary" from Bayou Country

<table cellspacing="3px" class="song-credit-box"><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-
align:top"> Written by: </tr><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-align:top"> Produced
by: John Fogerty </tr><tr><td style="background:#FFE39C; white-space:nowrap; vertical-align:top"> Musicians: John
Fogerty - Lead guitar, lead vocals Tom Fogerty - Rhythm guitar Stu Cook - Bass guitar Doug Clifford - Drums,
percussion </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C; text-align:center; font-
size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>

Cat Stevens - "Hard-Headed Woman" from Tea for the Tillerman

align:top"> Written by: Cat Stevens </tr><tr><td colspan="2" class="plainlinks extlink" style="background:#FFE39C;
text-align:center; font-size:85%; padding:0">Lyrics licensed by </tr></table>
😜
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Looks like the example I provided in original post. Thank you.
MMFrLife

[Solved] Re: Lyrics have "code" at the end

Post by MMFrLife »

This appears to be fixed in the latest beta, 4.1.15.1815. Works for me, so far.
😜
rrfpacker

Re: [Solved] Re: Lyrics have "code" at the end

Post by rrfpacker »

MMFrLife wrote:This appears to be fixed in the latest beta, 4.1.15.1815. Works for me, so far.
Okay. I finally updated to 4.1.14.1813 last week and the problem was still there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rrfpacker wrote:I finally updated to 4.1.14.1813
The fix is in 4.1.15