Integrating multiple computers/servers

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ShinerDraft

Integrating multiple computers/servers

Post by ShinerDraft »

Hi, I'm a long time MM gold user. I mostly use MediaMonkey at work, but i also have my library stored on my home computer. I also use it to stream audio from android devices to bluetooth speakers at home.

I was wondering if there was a way to synchronize playlists (just the lists, not the actual files) between those MM installations. The idea is that I could make a change to a playlist (i.e. add/delete a song) while i'm at work, and then have that same update carry over to my installation at home. And then finally, I'd like for that same updated playlist to work it's way down to my android devices, which i'll then use for casting.

- I have the actual music files stored in both locations, so i don't need to synchronize or copy/delete any files.
- If i need to make the paths to my files identical in either location, i think I can do that pretty easily
- I can use google drive and/or dropbox to share & update playlist files across devices if needed

I'm pretty sure that i could do this by exporting & importing to/from the various machines, but I was hoping that there might be a more elegant solution. Any ideas?