[SOLVED] Can't see Main Menu Bar

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bhendry

[SOLVED] Can't see Main Menu Bar

Post by bhendry »

I have just recently abandoned WinAmp, and started using Media Monkey. I'm not very familiar with the interface, and have somehow hidden the main menu bar. Can someone please explain how to recover it?

Thanks.
Cheers,

Bob Hendry
Southern Maryland
Lowlander

Re: Can't see Main Menu Bar

Post by Lowlander »

View > Main Menu Bar in the main menu bar. The main menu bar is still accessible, just in a small format.
bhendry

Post by bhendry »

Thanks Lowlander.

The problem was - there is no menu bar with View in it. But, as it turns out, I was Right-clicking in the area where it should be. Nothing, nada, Gar nichts! When I left-clicked in the same space, low and behold, the menu bar returned! Problem solved Go figure . . .

Cheers,

Bob H.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

bhendry wrote:Thanks Lowlander.

The problem was - there is no menu bar with View in it. But, as it turns out, I was Right-clicking in the area where it should be. Nothing, nada, Gar nichts! When I left-clicked in the same space, low and behold, the menu bar returned! Problem solved Go figure . . .
Glad you got it back :)
Interesting, usually there is still the word "Menu" when the menu is disable on the "program border". If you "left" click on the word "Menu" it's supposed to reappear.
Is that what you are talking about? Was it really just nada?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZenGeekDad

Post by ZenGeekDad »

alt-V opens the view menu (even when the main menu bar is not visible).
Once there, check the main menu bar to make it visible again.
José

Post by José »

Alt-M activates Main Menu
Andyee

Post by Andyee »

I had the same issue, and after 30 minutes and 2 re-installs, by accident I clicked to the left of the word "Web" on the line directly above the menu bar. There may be very light gray rectangle showing or just a blank space. If you click on that area the file, view etc. menus appear.
Finsternis

Post by Finsternis »

I am having the exact same problem. Unwisely turned off the menu bar while trying to figure out how to turn off what I see now is called the "column bar", and now the menu bar is completely gone. I have tried the previous answers - I left and right-clicked about every pixel near the top of the MM window, I have scrutinized every option, even the greyed-out ones. I see no word "web" to click near. Alt+V does nothing.

1) How do I get the menu bar back?

2) Why is there even an option to turn it off when there are so many things that are only available there, and it's so difficult to turn back on?

3) Why does the "column browser" have its own special button for toggling on and off when everything else is in the "view" menu? That is a silly and inconsistent interface decision. The column browser toggle should be in the View menu with everything else.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Try to click on a empty space from MMW icon and TAB and you should get Menu where in View you can enable Main Menu Bar.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Var.1) Alt-M activates Main Menu Bar AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Var.2) At the top left you can see the MM logo. Show it with the mouse (NO mouse click)
Move the mouse very slowly to the right - then "Menue" will appear - click on it
AND immediately click on the "VIEW" and "Main menu bar".

Restart MM
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
paddymcq

Re: [SOLVED] Can't see Main Menu Bar

Post by paddymcq »

Accidently turned off the menu bar and cannot turn it back on. Tried every suggestion on this page... plus restarted MM and rebooted.

When I relaunch MM, the menu bar is briefly visible. And when I select the View pulldown menu, "Main Menu Bar" is shown as enabled. When I click off to use MM, the menu bar immediately disappears. Tried it multiple times. Then I tried clicking on the View>Main Menu Bar option to see what happens... it just deselects it on menu and the menu bar disappears of course.

What a strange menu option to have, to turn off the main menu bar while not in Party Mode, especially considering you have to jump thru hoops to reverse it... which I can't seem to do.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An interface reset should fix that: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... interface/
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is a small space after Top left MMW icon that you can click on to show meny and then under View enable main menu again.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bobshow66

Post by bobshow66 »

I have tried all of these suggestions to recover the menu bar, but nothing works. I can't get the menu back back and can't add new files.
Very frustrating. I accidently deleted a column and can find no way to recover it.
I'm pulling my hair out because it's so easy to accidentally delete something and impossible to recover it!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Note that this issue isn't present in MediaMonkey 5 and up.

Did you do the interface reset: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... interface/