Ripping fail?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cremaster

Ripping fail?

Post by Cremaster »

I ripped a cd and was simi successful. It put the files where I wanted c:\music how ever they tracks were in the main file and did not create a folder. You can see what I mean by looking at the screen shot here. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/ ... ot%206.png

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to manualy create a folder for the album? It also doesn't seem like the art work and other album data was transfered.

To ad my new files to my library on MMW I need to File>Ad/rescan files to library. Is this correct?
MMFrLife

Re: Ripping fail?

Post by MMFrLife »

What was your destination path for that rip?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Cremaster

Post by Cremaster »

c:\music
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Your destination path should look something like this:

C:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title> [track name is title only]
or
C:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#> <Title>
or
C:\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title> [track number with leading 0 for single digit tracks #s]

Provided your tags for those added path fields are correct before ripping.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
DJ JAZZY JIM

Post by DJ JAZZY JIM »

I've been fighting to rip CD's since yesterday and I'm getting very frustrated. MM starts converting(to what i don't know) and analyzing files, but as soon as it finishes, the files don't go to the specified folder....in fact, the folder gets sent to the recycle bin(empty folder by the way)!! What the hell MM? I've paid good money for this software and it sucks!
Please help me with this or refund my money and I'll find something that actually works!! Ripping CD's should be very simple but this just blows!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works fine for me.

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using and what format are you ripping to?
Peke

Post by Peke »

DJ JAZZY JIM wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:44 pm I've been fighting to rip CD's since yesterday and I'm getting very frustrated. MM starts converting(to what i don't know) and analyzing files, but as soon as it finishes, the files don't go to the specified folder....in fact, the folder gets sent to the recycle bin(empty folder by the way)!! What the hell MM? I've paid good money for this software and it sucks!
Please help me with this or refund my money and I'll find something that actually works!! Ripping CD's should be very simple but this just blows!!
Can you please open support ticket and if can't help feel free to ask for an refund.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts