Video Play Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

music_lover

Video Play Issues

Post by music_lover »

Ok, I have MM installed and it does what I want, almost. I have over 7k music videos playing from a local HD. First issue:

1. It opens up an "unsupported format" window on random files.
2. It won't play 1080p vids with lagging.

I also will add that these issues do not occur when playing same files on same laptop using XBMC.

I am running windows 7, free version.
Lowlander

Re: Video Play Issues

Post by Lowlander »

1) Video files I presume?

What codecs do you have installed on your PC?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Try the codecs here. It is a 30 day trial and if that solves your problem then you will want to pick it up. They work great for me.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
music_lover

Post by music_lover »

dtsig wrote:Try the codecs here. It is a 30 day trial and if that solves your problem then you will want to pick it up. They work great for me.
Yes, that works so far on my work laptop, will try tonight on my home laptop. I thought it was a codec issue, but could not find the right one. If it works at home, I definitely buy it.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yeah .. some apps come with their own codecs installed or use what the user has installed on windows. WIth MMW you get the codec pack and things work very well.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
music_lover

Post by music_lover »

dtsig wrote:Yeah .. some apps come with their own codecs installed or use what the user has installed on windows. WIth MMW you get the codec pack and things work very well.
So I installed the codec last night on my AV laptop and the delay seemed to go away, it was late so I couldn't turn on the stereo to test the synch, but even 1080p file played with no visual stutter or lag.

I played about 40 vids and only got one format error. I was able to verify the specific video. This morning I tried to play it on my work laptop and it played. Difference is 64bit at office and 32bit W7. Is the a debug tool I can turn on to tell me why the codec isn't working?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Out of the most typical formats, one that has been problematic with MM codec pack is .FLV.
What file type is the problem one; same as other 39?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
music_lover

Post by music_lover »

MMFrLife wrote:Out of the most typical formats, one that has been problematic with MM codec pack is .FLV.
What file type is the problem one; same as other 39?
I checked the a few other files that played fine and they exactly the same type per the properties tab.
music_lover

Post by music_lover »

Okay, I spoke too soon. The lag issues are still occurring on my home laptop with the updated codec. I looked at my systems performance data while the offending video was playing and it was consistently at 98-100% CPU usage. I shut down MM and played the same vid with XBMC and it played fine at at average of 50% CPU usage. Is there a debug option with MM?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
music_lover

Post by music_lover »

I've come to the conclusion that MM is relying on at least a 2gbz processor to run.

LP1: Runs with no issues: Intel 2.6mbz/4gb mem
LP2: Runs with issues: Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz---3 gb mem

Again, XBMC, or Kodi, runs the same files perfectly on LP2. XBMC must have superior codecs or more efficient software.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Unless MM guys respond confirming your guess .. please try the debug process so they can definitively tell you what is happening
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig