Silence between tracks

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jackgerber

Silence between tracks

Post by jackgerber »

I am having difficulty with silence between tracks. I tried the add on for that but it has a bug where it skips tracks. I also tried adding a couple seconds of silence at the end of a track but MM is not playing it. I know there is a setting for telling it to play silence but I can't find it.

Is there any good solution? At the least, I would like it to play the silence I add. Does it have to be removed from the DB first and then added back to play added silence? Or better yet, is there some way to get the add on to stop skipping the tracks? Any help appreciated.

Jack
Lowlander

Re: Silence between tracks

Post by Lowlander »

There is Silence Removal which can be disabled within the Output Plugin (Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins) and you may also want to disable crossfade.

Note that the thread for the Addon has a fixed download as well as alternative options. You'll need an Addon to add silence between tracks.
jackgerber

Post by jackgerber »

Thank you for the help Lowlander but I'm not sure you understand. I WANT silence between the tracks. I have already disabled crossfade. Are you saying I should have it? The only thing I found in Output plugins was SQRsoft Advanced Crossfading 1.76 and that is not available. I can't find anything about silence removal. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, I said to disable crossfade.

Silence Removal as said is set in the Output Plug-in itself (not all have this feature). You'll need to configure the enabled Output Plugin to see all its settings.
jackgerber

Post by jackgerber »

Lowlander, I want to thank you very much for your help. I got the problem straightened out now and things are working beautifully. It was very kind of you to spend the time to help me out. Too bad you can't clone yourself. I know of a lot of software companies who could use someone like you.

Post by Guest »

Remove silence should be off by default - it removes more than just silence :( Crossfade too - many albums flow intra-track.