MM not appearing on the correct taskbar

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DoctorOdds

MM not appearing on the correct taskbar

Post by DoctorOdds »

I run a (mismatched) dual monitor setup, and I like to have MediaMonkey open on my second screen. There is an option in the Windows Taskbar properties to have the taskbar span across all displays hooked in, and applications can be specified to only display their button on the monitor which they are open on. MediaMonkey defies this setting for me. It always remains on my main monitor's taskbar, regardless of where I position the actual window. I am peplexed as to why this is. It is the only program that does this. More interesting though, is that if I minimize the window when it is positioned on my main monitor, it minimizes to the taskbar on my second monitor. Suffice to say, this is slightly infuriating, though not a deal-breaker. I'd rather it didn't do this, so if anyone has any advice? This is with Windows 8.1 Professional.

As I doubt I've explained it very clearly, here is an image of what I am talking about. The left monitor is my second monitor, the right the primary one. You can see the taskbar properties dialog behaving as it should, and highlighted is the behavior of MM.
Lowlander

Re: MM not appearing on the correct taskbar

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you running?
DoctorOdds

Post by DoctorOdds »

4.1.5.1719 the free version/Standard Edition
gerrard00

Post by gerrard00 »

Same here! As a new convert from Windows Media Player, this is the first issue that I've run into.

The program also always launches on my first monitor.
debio

Post by debio »

I reported this over two years ago in January 2013: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=69657
It was added to the bug tracker as well: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10379

Looks like the developers have just left the bug alone for over two years.

EDIT: And I love how Lowlander set Reproducibility to "sometimes." This issue is perfectly consistent and just as infuriating every time. It's the primary reason I have stopped using MediaMonkey. Too bad I paid for Gold before discovering it.
paulmedia

Post by paulmedia »

Hi @Lowlander and @nohitter151, I'm having the same issue in version 4.13.1801. It's been three years on this bug. Any update?
Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

MM5, perhaps? One can only hope.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

still an issue (2019, MM4, Windows 10)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Have you tried MediaMonkey 5 ?
Best regards,
Peke