MediaMonkey no longer works since changing skin

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JCfantasy23

MediaMonkey no longer works since changing skin

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I'm beyond annoyed. I was messing around with my MediaMonkey layout (changing skins, etc.) Was working fine, but then when I reopened it today it will not load.

Parts of the skin load but a lot of it is white. You can't interact with the program at all. It sits there until it crashes.

I then tried to go into the folder and load through a unskinned mode, I tried loading other skins in the folders, but nothing worked. Finally, after over 40 minutes of messing with it, I uninstalled and reinstalled MM in the same folder. Same issue! Finally I installed a completely new version of MM in a different hard drive. Same issue! I have been looking through my APPdata folder and deleted the skin I had been using last, but alas, nothing. The only thing I can bring up at this point is the unskinned mode in the completely new installation on the other hard drive. Unfortunately the skinned mode will not work from that folder and there's no way I'm going to constantly use the unskinned mode of MM.

Throughout the many, many years I've used MM, I've had similar things happen before, but they've always been easily corrected/changed. I can see the different skins I try to load to fix this but none of them are working. I don't want to remove all my appdata if possible, and I really don't think that could be causing this issue. I never touched any of that.

Any suggestions? At this point it seems nothing is working.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey no longer works since changing skin

Post by Lowlander »

I'd do a clean install (minus the database) and clean the registry (before reinstall): http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ediamonkey
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Thank you for the quick response. I will try that.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
Monkey hi fi

Post by Monkey hi fi »

My hd just died it was messing up too one of the things it did was close mmw for no reaso then it also was rebooting the system now it can't start windows cause it can't find the config file. Did you have things like that happen over the past few days or weeks. Cause not finding the config is because of the hd is not booting. So if you are getting any of the other signs get new hd for the system fast.