No vertical scroll bar in media tree window ?????

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

llon

No vertical scroll bar in media tree window ?????

Post by llon »

I'm a new user. I have a very large library (250,000 + tracks, mostly mp3 but a few WMFs, all of which imported well). There are some small delays as everything loads into memory when I call up or change a view, but that's not a problem.

The problem is that I have many, many (well over 150) playlists that I've put together in CD-sized units. I don't mind putting them into MM one-by-one over time, rebuilding them basically, which is what I've been doing, but the long list in the media tree window is larger than the window will display, and there doesn't seem to be a vertical scroll bar at the bottom of the window or another way to roll items up into the window so I can view them. (There is a horizontal scroll bar there, but it's no use in this problem.) When I use the keyboard up & down keys to scroll vertically, it clearly scrolls down into the not-visible part of the list, but the list itself doesn't scroll up into the window so I can see it. I've tried every way of scrolling, but nothing works.

ISN'T THERE A WAY in this otherwise excellent program to scroll through and view a long list in the media tree? There must be something I'm missing. I can't believe MM is limited in this way. What can I do to reveal the vertical scroll bar or otherwise view items in this window?

HELP PLEASE (and thanks in advance).
Lowlander

Re: No vertical scroll bar in media tree window ?????

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you're using MediaMonkey 4.1.4 and if it still happens restart MediaMonkey.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you make screenshot I'm not sure that I Understand.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
llon

Post by llon »

Peke wrote:Can you make screenshot I'm not sure that I Understand.
I've taken a screenshot but don't seem to be able to just paste it in here. How can I do that...or otherwise get it to you?

What you would see is a list of items in the media tree window on the left side of the MM application window. The list extends to the bottom of the window (and beyond if you could see the rest). Below the media tree window is a horizontal scroll bar. Below that (and out of the media tree window now) are some small type stats re what list or item is selected. Below that are play/pause buttons. That's the end. Right of the media tree window are the search results and detail display. Right of that is a "now playing" window.

I'm using Windows 7, by the way (Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601) and I just purchased and downloaded MM (4.1.4 1709)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use: https://imgur.com

You may want to try a different skin (Tools > Options > Skins).
amazonllon

issue with scroll bar in media tree

Post by amazonllon »

Running Windows 7 (ver 6.1 build 7601, service pack 1)
MM Gold 4.1.4 1709

I'm a new user. Apologies if the issues below have been reported:

- The vertical scroll bar in media tree will not scroll past the last visible item in a long list in the media tree window (and sometimes the vertical scroll bar for media tree totally disappears). It's still possible to scroll to the end of a long media tree list using arrow keys or a mouse wheel, but when you scroll past the last visible item in media tree, the items (such as playlists) will only show up in the detail window; the titles will not be visible in the media tree.

- The problem above occurs when the search dialogue box is not clear. If there is any information remaining in the search dialogue box (from an earlier search), the scroll issue noted above will occur. If the search dialogue box is fully clear, the problem seems to resolve.

- in Tools>Options>Media Tree "Search results" box is fully unchecked in the "visible" column and thus should NOT appear in the media tree. Yet, as soon as any search is initiated using the search dialogue box, "search results" with a list of recent search events attached reappears in the media tree and remains there until the Tools>Options>Media Tree dialogue box is opened and closed again.
dcell59

Post by dcell59 »

I hope they fixed this problem, but either way thanks to amazonllon for the info.

There was one time that this drove me crazy! I was playing music for an event and was handed a CD a few minutes before a dancer was going onstage. I ripped the CD and put it into a playlist, and then put the CD away. I then went to play the song, and my scrollbar had disappeared. I could not find the playlist at all. Luckily, I still had the CD and was able to play from that. However, for the next 30 minutes my boss and I scrambled to build a new playlist because we couldn't find our main playlist for the event, either, and we still had 12 hours to go at the event. In my panicked state, I didn't think of using the arrow keys. As I recall, I was able to create a new playlist, which would not appear, but I could still name it something that would go to the top of the window. After that, we always named our main playlist for the job "AAA" so we wouldn't lose it.
dps

Post by dps »

Is there any way to permanently fix this? Yes, I can close MM and reopen, but over and over again? Everything is fine, then the vertical scroll bar disappears. I am using "Gilded" skin, very old, very common, hard to believe it is the fault of the skin.

Thank you for any help!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dps wrote:Is there any way to permanently fix this?
Probably only to return the font size to the default size, it looks like you are using an increased font size.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dps

Post by dps »

Thanks for the reply, Nohitter. I don't know if that is the problem. I don't know if I have changed the font size, I don't remember doing it or how to do it, but the reason I don't think that could be it is the scroll bar is there and works perfectly half of the time. Usually it will come back if I close the program, and it's always there when opening the program initially. Once it disappeared right while I was looking at it; I don't know why, I wasn't even using the keyboard at the instant it disappeared. Here's the normal, correct view:

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

dps wrote:Thanks for the reply, Nohitter. I don't know if that is the problem. I don't know if I have changed the font size, I don't remember doing it or how to do it, but the reason I don't think that could be it is the scroll bar is there and works perfectly half of the time.
MM seems to act strangely with these types of glitches with increased font size (Options > Skins) or if you use increased DPI (windows setting).

I use MM with standard DPI (96 DPI) and standard MM font size (100%), and never had the scrollbar disappear like this. But I can sometimes make reproduce it with larger font.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dps

Post by dps »

Unfortunately, reverting back to standard sized font didn't help; the scroll bar still disappears in what seems to be a random manner. Just another bug on my usage apparently. It keeps company with ripped tracks being listed in any odd order; I have to hit "Track #" and "Album" after every rip, another random issue...
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

I'm reviving this thread because the problem as described in the thread still exists (at least for me it does).

I am on the current version of MMW (4.1.15.1830), Gold Lifetime. I use the Glided skin. My font size in the "Skin" Option is 100% (I've never changed it). I'm not overriding a Skin theme or background. I'm using the Windows Recommended screen resolution for my 1920x1080 monitor. Like the original poster, I have a lot of media files (294,738 at the moment, almost all mp3s). I have a lot of playlists - I'm not sure how many... 500 maybe?... many are in subfolders. On the main Media Tree view there are around 40.

When i first launch MMW, the vertical scroll bar on the Media Tree is visible and I can scroll, no problem. As I use MMW and specifically use the "Find More From Same" context menu item (usually Artists and Albums... which expands the Media Tree a lot because I have lots of artists and Albums), and then go back to my original view, that's when the vertical scroll bar disappears. The only way I have found to bring it back is to close MMW and relaunch it. Very annoying. It's been a problem for quite awhile.. a year at least, maybe more. I finally decided to come here and see if I could find any info.

I would REALLY appreciate a fix. I guess it's a skin problem and I gather that Glided doesn't get a lot of love at MediaMonkey. I remember when it was officially dropped when MMW3 became MMW4, but then it came back. I'll live with this problem (which, I already have been) rather than switch to another of the official skins, but I was hoping it could be fixed.
LDub23

Post by LDub23 »

Same issue here. Have switched skins. Does not resolve the issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey?