random sound loss

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bailso

random sound loss

Post by bailso »

Hi,

I recently installed MM4.1 and MonkeyRok plug-in for the first time. I use the wasapi output plug-in. For no apparent reason when MM moves to the next track from time to time the sound is muted. If I double click on the next track in the play list all is well again.

Any thoughts on what my be causing this?

Thanks and regards.
Lowlander

Re: random sound loss

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a different Output Plugin? Does it still happen (if it doesn't it isolates the problem to WASAPI).
bailso

Post by bailso »

Thanks Lowlander. WASAPI does appear to be the problem because I have now tried different inputs to my DAC and the problem remained. I then swapped to ASIO and no problems at all. I would prefer to use WASAPI. Can you advise how I might overcome the problem.
Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried toggling Exclusive Mode in the WASAPI output plugin?
bailso

Post by bailso »

Thanks again Lowlander. I was in Exclusive mode so toggled out of it. The same problem occurred after a while. I went back into Exclusive mode and the problem recurred. I have since changed my motherboard but the situation has remained the same, that is perhaps once an hour the sound drops out. I am now trying coming out through the SPDIF rather than USB of the MOBO into my DAC to see if that makes any difference and will keep you posted. Is there anything else I should try?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried with any other media player since this started happening? If it occurs too it may be hardware. In any case it is good to check for driver updates for your soundcard.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=90