Lyrics in Lyrics Tab don't show up using most skins

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Lyrics in Lyrics Tab don't show up using most skins

Post by rrfpacker »

New issue today, after upgrade to 4.1, lyrics font color for a few skins is now white, so they aren't visible for editing. I tried the following skins; Vision, Abrax, Eclipse, Spotify, ND3 and more. Seems to only happen with dark skins and I never had this problem before.

Any thoughts?
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics in Lyrics Tab don't show up using most skins

Post by Lowlander »

What about other fields? Maybe the skins need to be updated. For the skins I tried it used the same color as in other fields.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It appears at first glance that these are older skins that haven't been updated for 4.1. There were a few minor skinning changes in 4.1 that would cause this, so short answer is the skins need updating.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

nohitter151 wrote:It appears at first glance that these are older skins that haven't been updated for 4.1. There were a few minor skinning changes in 4.1 that would cause this, so short answer is the skins need updating.
Well, that would really suck. Do the skinners have to update or can I? Why does it only affect a few skins and not the other skins I've had for years, some like 7on which are quite old?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:It appears at first glance that these are older skins that haven't been updated for 4.1. There were a few minor skinning changes in 4.1 that would cause this, so short answer is the skins need updating.
Well, that would really suck. Do the skinners have to update or can I? Why does it only affect a few skins and not the other skins I've had for years, some like 7on which are quite old?
7on skin has black text color.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

nohitter, I only used 7on as an example of an old skin that still works, as I thought you were saying some old skins needed updated. Aren't the lyrics in all skins black on a white background? This issue showed up after 4.1 upgrade. I change skins numerous times a week and have never had a problem seeing lyrics.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

rrfpacker wrote:nohitter, I only used 7on as an example of an old skin that still works, as I thought you were saying some old skins needed updated. Aren't the lyrics in all skins black on a white background? This issue showed up after 4.1 upgrade. I change skins numerous times a week and have never had a problem seeing lyrics.
It's like you said in your first post, seems to only happen in dark skins. The reason for that is because dark skins tend to have lighter text color. In previous versions of MM, the lyrics box was always unskinned. That means white background and black text.

But in MM4.1, skinners finally got access to skin the lyrics box. This means that skins made pre 4.1 with white or light text will now have that color text over a white lyrics box. So the skin author needs to update the skin with a new color for the lyrics box.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Thanks, nohitter. Your explanation finally sunk in. My problem is that I don't recall any skins where the lyrics tab wasn't white and text wasn't black. :-?

Thank you.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Does anyone know what needs to be changed in the skin to change the lyrics and other window colors in the non-updated skins? I'll do it myself but I don't know which field to change in the Theme Editor. I'm tired of not having my dark skins. :)
TLD

Post by TLD »

Question - is there a reason the user cannot be allowed to override the color or font for the lyrics tab now without having to worry about the skin?
Black on white doesn't work as well for me as it may others... I'd prefer white on black.
(I'd also love to be able to set a fixed-width font, to be honest.)
I could look for (or make) a skin that does this, but I'd rather set it somewhere like I can the lyrics box below the playlist.

The previous dark background and lighter text was better than black-on-white like it is now after the upgrade.
(Same for the comments box - a blazing white box below dark fields with light text washes out the text in the fields above it.)

I won't say I have poor eyesight, but there are bats that can see better. :)

I still like MediaMonkey over every other player out there... just now the lyrics are harder to enter for me.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Unfortunately, it's skin dependent. I believe MM5 is looking to change some of that.
However, you can change the font size, if that helps.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜