Possible to manually add a cover ?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

morheus

Possible to manually add a cover ?

Post by morheus »

Hi there,

I have a song here which I tagged using the web through MM ... but no cover was found, although on iTunes there is a cover found.

Is it possibe to manually add this cover to the song ?

Many Thanks !
MaximusPrime

Re: Possible to manually add a cover ?

Post by MaximusPrime »

Yes it is.
Just save to cover to your Computer, than rightclick on the track in MM, go to properties and then to the Album art tab and choose the saved cover.
morheus

Post by morheus »

Great - many thanks !!
For my information the cover is saved Under the mp3 file and I can then delete the picture from my computer ?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you embedded the Artwork you can remove the original Artwork file on the PC. If you just linked to it you'll need to keep the Artwork file.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

If you copy a cover image to the clipboard (say from albumartexchange.com or allmusic.com, for example) you can go to Properties -> Artwork and paste (right-click) the image. If there are already covers in the file you might have to highlight them and remove them to get your image to appear when the track is selected or played. I find copy and paste simpler and quicker than saving an image to the disk, and then trying to find it again to link to the track(s). Also note that you can highlight any number of tracks that you want to have the same cover image, click Properties -> artwork, and do them all at once.