Random play order

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

yarguy

Random play order

Post by yarguy »

I have information about my collection stored in Orange CD (it is organised to store and display much more information about an album than MM). OCD allows the user to play the tracks of an album through another program. I have set it up to use MM with this command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe" "%1"

(The %1 designates the filename). This works fine, in that the tracks of the album do play in MM and all show up in Now Playing. The problem is that they are in random order and by random I mean that the tracks are in a different order each time I play an album. If I use Windows Media Player from OCD instead of MM, on the other hand, tracks play in the proper order each time. That suggests to me that MM is somehow randomising the tracks and not that OCD is sending the tracks in a different order. Is there something I can do to prevent this random ordering? Sometimes it provides an interesting alternate way of listening to an album, but with classical music it makes a real mess of multi-track works.
Lowlander

Re: Random play order

Post by Lowlander »

I'd suggest capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69