Album art has stopped displaying

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bmilner

Album art has stopped displaying

Post by bmilner »

About a week ago, the album art for either the currently playing or a selected track stopped appearing in the interface. I've verified that nearly all my tracks have Album art embedded in the file itself (indeed, they used to display fine). See attached screenshot.

I'm running Windows 7, and using MM Gold 4.0.7.1511

Any ideas!?

Similarly, double clicking on the album art area no longer expands the album art, it simply restarts the selected track in a new now playing queue of one song, just that track.
(UPDATE: I got confused here. I was double clicking since the single click wasn't expanding the album art as it used to... because it thinks there is no album art!)

Tags: Missing album art, album art doesn't display.
Last edited by bmilner on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Re: Album art has stopped displaying

Post by nohitter151 »

bmilner wrote: Similarly, double clicking on the album art area no longer expands the album art, it simply restarts the selected track in a new now playing queue of one song, just that track.
That was an intentional change. To view expanded art you can right click on the art in the interface and choose the expand option or just go into the track properties and double click the art under the "Artwork" tab.

As far as your art not showing, check the file properties under "Artwork" tab. What does it show?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

nohitter151 wrote: That was an intentional change. To view expanded art you can right click on the art in the interface and choose the expand option or just go into the track properties and double click the art under the "Artwork" tab.

As far as your art not showing, check the file properties under "Artwork" tab. What does it show?
There is no expand option. See screen shots. And if I go into the file properties, I can see the art present. See below:

AND...

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I believe it's because you selected the "Now Playing" tab. That will show the art for the currently playing track. Maybe you want to change it to "Selected".

Also the enlarge art option isn't available when there's no art to enlarge.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You seem to be in the Details view and not the Art with Details view (see View menu).
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

nohitter151 wrote:I believe it's because you selected the "Now Playing" tab. That will show the art for the currently playing track. Maybe you want to change it to "Selected".

Also the enlarge art option isn't available when there's no art to enlarge.
I get the same results regardless of whether "Now Playing" or "selected" is chosen. I understand how they work, but it makes no difference in the results. The Enlarge option isn't available because it thinks there is no art, but as you can see from the 2nd screenshot, there IS art, right in the file.
Lowlander wrote: You seem to be in the Details view and not the Art with Details view (see View menu).
That little square on the lower left (which I point to with the red arrow in the top screens shot IS the art & details view. If I go to the view menu and select "Art & Details", it toggles the entire area on and off. Regardless, no art is appearing there. That square with the blue circle in it is where the art always appeared before.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bmilner wrote:but as you can see from the 2nd screenshot, there IS art, right in the file.
Well, no, I can't see, because I don't know that the file that you have the properties open for is the same as the selected file. Nor do I know whether the now playing or the selected tab is selected.

That being said, what happens if you change the skin?

bmilner

Post by bmilner »

nohitter151 wrote:
bmilner wrote:but as you can see from the 2nd screenshot, there IS art, right in the file.
Well, no, I can't see, because I don't know that the file that you have the properties open for is the same as the selected file. Nor do I know whether the now playing or the selected tab is selected.

Aha, you can't see that, can you :) I can see why you asked that then! But, yes, it's the same as the selected track. And I tried changing the skin (good idea, that) but all the skins have the exact same problem. Any other ideas? thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bmilner wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

Aha, you can't see that, can you :) I can see why you asked that then! But, yes, it's the same as the selected track. And I tried changing the skin (good idea, that) but all the skins have the exact same problem. Any other ideas? thanks.
What other skins did you try? Based on your screenshot it appears the skin you're using wasn't updated for MM4.

bmilner

Post by bmilner »

nohitter151 wrote: What other skins did you try? Based on your screenshot it appears the skin you're using wasn't updated for MM4.
This skin has always worked previously! I have been using this skin with MM4 ever since MM4 first came out. I also tried the following skins:
  • Glided
  • Pulse
  • Vitreous
All of them behave exactly the same way. Thanks for help so far. Any other ideas?
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

I FIXED IT!!!!
All it took was a massive delete of all the MM temp files. Then rebooting the app fixed the problem. Weird.
Thanks to everyone for the help (though we didn't solve it...) and for future reference folks, if your album art goes away suddenly, in every skin, try deleting the entire MM temp folder.
bgibbard

Post by bgibbard »

Where is this temp folder located? I can't seem to find one in either the Program Files (x86) area or the Roaming area under the user.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bgibbard wrote:Where is this temp folder located? I can't seem to find one in either the Program Files (x86) area or the Roaming area under the user.
Depends on your settings, see Options > General.

brandobean

Post by brandobean »

Just a note that MM stopped displaying album art again and I remembered that this post suggested deleting all the MM* directories from the temp location. And it worked...again! I hope this thread helps others too.