Copying actual files from a play list to another directory?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

snowleopard

Copying actual files from a play list to another directory?

Post by snowleopard »

Unfortunately Sandisk is being stinky with the 128gb and 256gb micro SDXC HC cards that are compatible with Android 4.x (Galaxy S3) and I have filled 96gb on the phone (32gb on phone and 64gb in card slot).

I was putting complete cd's on the phone whether I listen to all the songs or not. Well I was bound to run out of space with 96gb of flac files on the phone.

Now that I have a subset of 5 star rated songs in MM 4.0..7Gold, I want to some how through media monkey copy (not move) those 5 star flac files to a directory on my computer to copy to my phone instead of having to go song by song through each of the folders trying to find the files so I can copy them to my phone, the 5 star playlist is allot smaller than 96gb.

Is there an easy way for me to do this? or does windows explorer display the 5 star ratings from the songs in a column in explorer (I could do a search in explorer for *.flac, then sort by rating and the copy the files to the memory card)
Lowlander

Re: Copying actual files from a play list to another directo

Post by Lowlander »

Why not sync the Playlist with MediaMonkey to the device?
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Because I take my memory card out of the phone and connect it to a USB 3.0 card reader to transfer 96gb of data to the memory card in 1/3rd the time it takes my phone to do the same thing over its mini USB 2.x connection. (I have no clue why a phone like the GS3 has a mini USB 2 connection. It should be mini/ micro USB 3.0.

So I need to know how to make this work. (USB 2 is not an option) unless I was transfering 100mb of data to the phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can still Auto-Sync. If the card reader isn't seen as a syncable device you can configure d_USBMass1.dll to sync to its drive letter.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

Thanks Lowrider, I was able to get that to work with the card reader.