Inconsistent Artwork - what is the problem

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jgt1942

Inconsistent Artwork - what is the problem

Post by jgt1942 »

I clicked on the "Inconsistent Artwork" and MM displayed several albums. I had assumed that something was wrong with the artwork in the tabs. I looked at the tabs for each of the files for the album and all of the artwork was the same. What the heck is MM telling me and how do I resolve the issue. I attempted to find help on "Inconsistent Artwork" in the online manual and this resulted in zero. Personally I have never found a good online manual and so far I have been very unimpressed by online manuals however most authors of manuals don't know how to create a good help manual.
nohitter151

Re: Inconsistent Artwork - what is the problem

Post by nohitter151 »

It means that for all the tracks in the album, the art isn't the same for every track.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

select the files, go to properties, artwork tab, and select the checkbox that says apply to all files...............fixed.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Example: various artist albums where you didn't care if the album cover was correct so you split the album into single song album with cover art for the songs artist.

Mm will group songs listed on same album name as one album even though each song has a different artist connected to it.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Panchdara

Post by Panchdara »

I, too, am experiencing this "bug". I have NO inconsistent artwork.. great. Then I go and change some tags (like album to make some consistency between album naming) and I then get a whole bunch of inconsistent artwork! What gives? I am getting less and less amused with MM (and I have a Gold membership?). Tag editing (keystrokes - highlighting and cursor positioning) has it's own issues also...

And it's a real pain to constantly have to do as seed_or_die suggests (what he recommends does solve the immediate problem - but will reappear when other tags are changed)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you have tracks 1-3 with Album name 1 and Artwork 1 and tracks 4-6 with Album name 2 and Artwork 2 and you rename Album name 2 to Album name 1 you'll end up with inconsistent Artwork as tracks 1-3 have different Artwork than track 4-6.

If you're merging tracks into the same Album and the tracks had different Artworks associated (or even some didn't have any Artwork) the result is inconsistent Artwork and the Inconsistent Artwork node can help identify this.

From you description it isn't clear, but perhaps the above is what is happening.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

There must be really a bug.
All my files are mp3s and have embedded artwork. Nad everytime I look for inconsitent artwork there are some of the last played tracks, single tracks from an alum that suddenly don't have artwork.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you on MediaMonkey 4.1.5?
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I'm on 4.1.6, not the latest beta, but I have this Problem since forever :D It's not really a "Problem" but it would be nice to know where this Comes from. I once discussed this at the german thread here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 44#p398144
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 I'm not aware that this is a known issue, not a common one.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Lowlander wrote:Then capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and send to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 I'm not aware that this is a known issue, not a common one.
I will do this tomorrow, thanks
paddymcq

Post by paddymcq »

Sometimes when MM found inconsistencies in artwork, I was surprised but then determined it was some editing I had done and forgot about. MM is good about that. But there is a bug in that it does not find all inconsistencies in my 40,000 track library. I stumbled across these inconsistencies later, while editing an several tracks from an album. I'm sure there's more but don't know if I can log a bug for something I randomly stumble on. I'm in the habit now of syncing artwork when I'm working on an album, regardless of if I notice an inconsistency or not.
Peter H

Post by Peter H »

Check out Tagging inconsistencies: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=14734
It has a really nice feature where it checks for various Album Art inconsistencies plus loads of other useful stuff. It's one of MM's quality scripts that every user should have installed.