Having two new problems

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lyndon

Having two new problems

Post by Lyndon »

Alright, I am using Windows 7 and just downloaded the new MM. I am having two separate problems. When I try to rip new albums, and use the short key method, I get all the titles highlighted in yellow. If I do it by using the top tabs, it will work, but I am getting a lot of errors. These are on my new cd's, not older ones.
The second problem. I was so frustrated by the above, I used EAC to rip my new albums. But...
I can see my music files, and where they are. But when I use MM to add/rescan, and go to the exact place...they are not listed. These are flac files, and I have MM always set up to spot those as well as other files.
What gives?
Should I go back to the previous version of MM, and just see if that is what is causing all these problems?

Thanks to Lowlander and all the regular helpers.
Lyndon
Salt Lake City
rovingcowboy

Re: Having two new problems

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not sure with win 7 but or you sure its not drm stuff on the new cd's causing you grief?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1a) Sounds like the files are not tagged. You should make sure automatic lookup is enabled under Tools > Options > Network (Proxy & Freedb) or use manual lookup by selecting the CD drive in the Media Tree and use Tools > Options > Get album info from Freedb. Also what hotkey are you using, I'm wondering if you're actually starting a rip?

1b) What errors?

2) The file may be in a different Collection like Classical Music. You can use the Entire Library > Location node to navigate to the files folders (this will guaranteed show what is in the Library). Enable under File > Manage Collections.
Lyndon

Post by Lyndon »

Will try your ideas tomorrow, guys. Let you know if successful.
Thanks!
Lyndon