Help with Search by Genre

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JoePublic

Help with Search by Genre

Post by JoePublic »

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'd like to use the search box to display all my tracks that are NOT of the genre Podcast, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried
NOT genre:Podcast
-genre:Podcast
genre:-Podcast
...none of those worked and I don't know what else to try. I did read the wiki page on advanced searching.

I know I could use the Track Browser window and select all the genres except the one I don't want to see, but that's a little cumbersome and it takes a long time for the results to appear. Plus, I don't think I get tracks that have a blank genre if I do that, so it's not really giving me what I want. And yes, I know I could construct a big playlist that excludes the one genre, but that's cumbersome, too. I'd rather use the Search box if possible.

Also, I'm on MM 3.2.5. Answers applicable only to MM 4 won't help me. Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Help with Search by Genre

Post by Lowlander »

That is all for MediaMonkey 4 which more advanced search capabilities in the quick search: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... Search/4.0

I suggest you create an Auto-Playlist (Gold Feature) and set it to Genre is not Podcast in the Advanced tab.
JoePublic

Re: Help with Search by Genre

Post by JoePublic »

I didn't realize the wiki Search page was for MM4 only. Thanks for that info.

I do have Gold Lifetime, so I can use your suggestion which works pretty well for what I need. I'd forgotten about all the things Auto-Playlists can do. Thanks very much for the help.