Autoplaylist for my folders

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DickDiver

Autoplaylist for my folders

Post by DickDiver »

Hello

I would like MM to create automatically playlists that are based on my folder structure. Let it be first or second or whatever level.

Eg.

60s
70s
80s Madonn
80s Aha

Is there a way natively or with a plugin to realize this?

Since I got so many folders I do not want to create all the playlists manually.

thank you
Joe Dell Dell
Lowlander

Re: Autoplaylist for my folders

Post by Lowlander »

Why do you need Playlists of this?

The following may be able to export Playlists in this fashion: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... d+playlist
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

Hi

I will see what your link can offer to me.

I need those playlists since my 'Hifi' wlan internet Radio MUVID IR 615 is not able to play all folders of a given 'top' folder.

So,
I can not play easily all files in the folder 80s but I have to go to the subfolder Madonna and then into the subfolder of a certain album.
This is the case since that is the way I had my files physically ordered on my NAS.

Yesterday I made use of auto organize and mad a tiny adjustment but the idea remains the same.
genre - year - artist - artist-track

So, the solution 'd be to have a playlist for each folder or at least those I like. Here, genre or year and maybe artist 'd be preferable I think.
So, I could listen easily to all 80s music and so on...
Joe Dell Dell
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Well, you can manually create autoplaylists based a file's path/filename under the advanced tab. I don't know of any addon that automatically creates such playlists.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
DickDiver

Post by DickDiver »

thanks theta wave

I will see if that helps me.

at the moment I am working on a mediaserver that allows more detailed categories than my router's upnp mediaserver. That will help too.
Joe Dell Dell