aac+ for MM 4 [#4836]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lobengular

aac+ for MM 4 [#4836]

Post by lobengular »

Please, is there no way to include the aac+ in the mm4 for online streaming, this is kind of unbelievable when ones sees there are other ones which are and aa+ not. Why actually? please don't refer me to the old thread because it is absolutely of no use. Do something about it. Any help? any support? I've been trying to play my favorite radio station http://onair15.xdevel.com:8008/, radio cafe padova which used to work until the MM4 came up. Fact is I don't know if they changed or something has been altered in MM4 and so does not stream that any more.
There got to be some solution. What's up guys, let's find a solution to a problem solvable. The thread you might refere me to in MM forum is useless. Just help resolve the problem. This is the web page of radio cafe should someone find a workaround that works http://www.radiocafe.it/index2.html please let me know. I'll be so grateful.
Thanks
khelsing

Re: aac+ for MM 4

Post by khelsing »

The AACplus issue has been in the Bugtracker for years, but so far nothing has happened.

Until it gets fixed, why don't you simply use a different software for internet radio, for example XMPlay?
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Thanks Khelsing,
Actually, the whole idea precisely is not to have too many other stuff in my system. I prefer to have the MM do much for me in a centralized form rather than just stuffing the system every now and then with too many things that at the end of the day might not necessarily be useful to me in anyway. Fact is I am comfortable with MM and so far so good and I don't think I should stuff the system with other things. I know the guys here can do the do. I know too that they've been trying to make it and will but they are kindda too relaxed in solving some issues.
Please help!

cheers!
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

lobengular wrote:Actually, the whole idea precisely is not to have too many other stuff in my system.
The problem is that until the issue is fixed you won't be able to listen to your favourite station with MediaMonkey.
I don't think I should stuff the system with other things
The 550 KB of XMPlay IMO won't "stuff" your system. XMPlay doesn't require any sort of installation and you can even run it from a USB stick.
I know the guys here can do the do.
Given the fact that the bug has been open for more than three years now I wouldn't hold my breath. Furthermore it's quite surprising that MediaMonkey can't at least play AACplus on Windows 7 as the codec is supported by Microsoft Media Foundation which is why Windows Media Player 12 plays your station flawlessly. It should therefore be possible for MediaMonkey to handle AACplus streams with in_mfaudio.dll.
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Hey Khesling,
you're a great guy! I love your objectivity and focus. I wish you were one of the guys who have to do the do. I'll try you Xmplay for the time being. You are right in every sense.
Cheers!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thank you both for this info we are investigating to include this in MM ASAP. We will keep you posted.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=4836
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lobengular

Re: aac+ for MM 4 [#4836]

Post by lobengular »

This is exactly what I've been saying: Don't refer me to the old useless thread which has been there for at least 3 years without resolution. Peke, did you read the discussion at all? Don't play politics with this, try to have some feeling about how much many chaps feel about this. This is rather serious and ridiclous.
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

lobengular,

I think your above post is a bit unfair. According to the bug tracker entry Peke assigned the bug and raised its status to urgent. You can therefore assume that something will happen in the near future.

@Peke: Many thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@khelsing
You are right. Bug is already working on and as in our tests say, Win 7 Media Foundation really contain AAC Decoder, unfortunately Vista and lower do not :( so this would be fix for Win 7 users. Nothing we can do about it.

@lobengular
I do not play politics with you. You should be long enough on forum to know that it is possible for us to miss something. You made good point/remark and we acted apron immediately. To explain little bit further even it is already explained numerous times.

High = Would be nice to have in next release
Urgent = Should be in next release unless it is high risk fix
Immediately = Major bug and should be fixed ASAP

As soon as it is assigned to Developer it is rechecked and worked on. Urgent is set to recheck before next release.

I wanted to than you for raising the issue again and I just acted apron your suggestion. Shouldn't I?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Apology,
Peke,
I apologise for my utterance. Yes I've been here for some time to know things actually work swiftly. Sorry for that.
@ Khelsing, sorry too, I know and have recognised being unfair, sorry.
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Any new developments on the aac+ or a working codecs for http://www.radiocafe.it/player.html in Mediamonkey like it used to work?
Thanks for your support and any answer!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Hi Lowlander,
please can you check if the ff URL works on your MM please: http://www.radiocafe.it/player.html or just click on this http://www.radiocafe.it/index2.html and click on ASCOLTAR ONLINE and then click inside the cup of coffee and see it you can get the mu3 or pls that could work with MM.

I'll be thankful for that!
brgs
Kwasi
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't have Windows 7.
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

lobengular wrote:please can you check if the ff URL works on your MM please
http://www.xdevel.com/radio/RadioCafe.pls works fine in MM 4.0.3.1476 on Windows 7.