MM4 install problems - not importing DB

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MoreTrife

MM4 install problems - not importing DB

Post by MoreTrife »

I probably shouldn't have picked tonight to do this due to having to work early tomorrow but I'm sure everyone knows how it is once you get started with your music collection.

In any case, I decided to upgrade to MM4 now that it is official.

Seemed like a straightforward install. I downloaded it and installed it. I have Win7, I was upgrading from the latest MM3 build. When I opened it seemed to scan my library but then it was taking forever 45 minutes plus and seemed to do the same thing over and over again.

I don't even know where to start with the problems. I'm sorry, I'm really depressed right now.

1. The files look like they are there. Not much else is - no ratings, volume analysis data, play #
2. artwork doesn't display properly until i play the file. doesn't display in the main window layout when albums listed.
3. "album artist" info doesn't display in main window, instead saying "unknown".
4. errors GALORE if i don't open in in administrator mode

I kind of knew this was going to happen but I couldn't resist the urge to get the latest update.

please help i feel like shit right now. thank you.
Lowlander

Re: MM4 install problems - not importing DB

Post by Lowlander »

You can copy the MM3 DB to the MM4 DB location and then start MediaMonkey.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17
MoreTrife

Post by MoreTrife »

OKAY. new issue. i was able to import my DB file into MM4 by uninstalling, making sure DB file was in roaming, then reinstalling. Upon reinstall, all the INFORMATION was there but the files won't play!!

i'm sure this is because in MM3, the path to my NAS where the music is, is W:\library etc
MM4 doesn't seem to recgonize that naming of the NAS, and has the path name of files as [music]\Library\Grouper\A I A Dream Loss\Grouper_03_Soul Eraser.mp3

any way to around this??

thank you again
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Mapped drives aren't recommended as Windows can change the driveID on them. As MediaMonkey uses driveID to facilitate portable drives with changing drive letters it will result in the files no longer being accessible.

You can use the following to fix this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer