Album Art Issue Again

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jv59

Album Art Issue Again

Post by jv59 »

I download music from Amazon.com and sometimes the album art cover isn't defined as cover-front. So I go into MM select all the tracks from the same album and the properties-->album-art tab and then select ImageType - [Cover (Front)]. I also select change all select tracks and then [OK]. I seems that MM is removing the album art from all the track selections, but one after I do this. I then select the tracks again including the one that retained the album art and repeat the properties change procedure. This time all the album art is re-added and changed to Cover (front) as expected. Is there any reason why the album art gets removed and why do I need to do this twice in order to get it to work?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Album Art Issue Again

Post by Lowlander »

Not sure, but I always select one track on the album to modify album art and have the option to apply to all tracks on album enabled.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

question?
do you have the songs set up in albums made by monkey's create albums option in his maintain library feature on the file
menu or did you just make the album up your self.?

i'm thinking maybe monkey is clearing his code for the album he made the first time you do it? not sure if that is what
is happening but i think it might be the reason for your doing it twice? you know measure twice change once type of thing.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

I'm not familiar with the MM create album function. How do you do that?

I just copy the album tracks into the music directory that I have MM configured to automatically scan. I do not specifically set up an album.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For tracks to be considered an album the album (of course) and the album artist fields need to have the same value for all tracks on the album.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... erties.htm
jv59

Post by jv59 »

What if you have an album that has various artists?

Thanks.
tucky

Post by tucky »

If you have compilation albums then set the "Album Artist" field to 'Various Artists' or 'VA' or whatever you like. The "Artist" field can still contain the actual artist.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

Ahh that's right. Thanks. I still have random issues when even changing one track to "Cover - Front". The art just disappears like it really wasn't assigned. I think it has something to do with iTunes even though these tracks aren't iTunes purchased tracks. Maybe iTunes is replacing the embedded art with linked art. I just end up downloading the art from the web and all is well. Thanks for your help.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jv59 wrote:Ahh that's right. Thanks. I still have random issues when even changing one track to "Cover - Front". The art just disappears like it really wasn't assigned. I think it has something to do with iTunes even though these tracks aren't iTunes purchased tracks. Maybe iTunes is replacing the embedded art with linked art. I just end up downloading the art from the web and all is well. Thanks for your help.
i don't have itunes and your art disappearing error is what is going on with mine all the time. i've found it also removes
the name in the album artist tag. and or the tag for artist. which makes the need for an single song album to be made for that song on the various artists albums.
thus making every artist on those albums have the same album name but they are the only song on that album so they end up being the album artist also. not sure why monkey is doing this on my system but i see several others in the forums with part of the same error i have, so something in common is causing it. either main code or code for one of the features in mediamonkey. it could be the format codec i use ogg files and get all that error stuff, since you seem to have part of it what format are you using? if you get it on mp3's then it might be caused by the way monkey handles the different formats.
sooner or later they will get it fixed i just hope sooner more then the later.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

I use MP3's.

BTW: I downloaded a program called MP3tag to see if I can edit the tag art without losing it and so far it is working fine. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Why not just use Lowlander's suggestion: go into track properties for 1 track of the album, make your changes to the album art, then check the "Apply to all tracks in album" box? This way works fine, and it's faster because you don't have to select all the tracks.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
jv59

Post by jv59 »

Not sure if this a direct response to my comment. I was only answering Rovingcowboy. Yes, I followed Lowlander's suggestion and all I can say is sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't. Even though the tracks are tagged correctly MM does not always see them as an album. In any case, at times, the disappearing album art issue happens with individual tracks also.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For tracks to be considered to belong to an album the Album name needs to be the same, but also the Album Artist value needs to be the same for all tracks on the album. For compilations this tends to be not the case and thus they require a modification of the Album Artist with a value like Various Artists. My method will only work for tracks that belong to the same album (according to MediaMonkey).

http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... erties.htm