Editing Long Tracks>Especially classical

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lyndon

Editing Long Tracks>Especially classical

Post by Lyndon »

Usually I don't have to deal with this, but I am in the process of ripping all of my discs to hard drive, and especially in classical recordings, I get the dreaded
red band, of "this track line is too long, please edit it down"
So, how do I do this without messing up the other tracks, or do I have to configure what I want in my tracks everytime I rip a classical track with a long header?

Thanks,
Lyndon
Also, Windows 7 Pro just doesn't like MM as much as my XP Pro did, so boys, keep working on compatibilities, as I don't want my buddy with JRiver to keep teasing me! :lol:

Sorry to piggyback this question, but I have it set in MM to check Freedb, but it doesn't give all the info, unless I click 'check Freedb', and then I get genre and dates. What can I do
so I don't have to click a second time???
Last edited by Lyndon on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Editing Long Tracks>Especially classical

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you mean that the filename is too long, and that case you can use <Title:50> as mask to limit the title field to 50 characters in the filename.

For more see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... ormats.htm
Lyndon

Post by Lyndon »

Thanks, Lowlander.
I am in the middle of ripping 6 discs of Beethoven, and the filenames have been brief enough.
I'll try your suggestion soon.
Lyndon
Lyndon

Post by Lyndon »

I assume you mean that the filename is too long, and that case you can use <Title:50> as mask to limit the title field to 50 characters in the filename.
That worked as a mask, and filter device.

Thanks, Lowlander

Lyndon