Error 30C00

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jaloganjr

Error 30C00

Post by jaloganjr »

Error 30C00.
I have searched forums and found this as a subject but no real explanation. Does anyone know why I get this error---only occasionally? Definitely plenty of space on the disc available, burning at slowest speed possible and yet the CD seems to burn until the final step when the error notification appears.
All songs will PLAY in MM and, although I use a wireless network with several hard drives, the songs and links appear to be fine.

Is there a setting I should change? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
SlasherMCT1

Re: Error 30C00

Post by SlasherMCT1 »

I have been having the same problems all day on Windows 7 64Bit - Then I realised - Just used iTunes. Flawless...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

jaloganjr wrote:Error 30C00.
I have searched forums and found this as a subject but no real explanation. Does anyone know why I get this error---only occasionally? Definitely plenty of space on the disc available, burning at slowest speed possible and yet the CD seems to burn until the final step when the error notification appears.
All songs will PLAY in MM and, although I use a wireless network with several hard drives, the songs and links appear to be fine.

Is there a setting I should change? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.
Are you using the latest version of MM (3.2)? Because the latest version should say something like "Error 30C00 - WRITE ERROR" if you still get it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Am using Media Monkey Gold ver 4.121.25.895 with Windows 10 (up-to-date on patches) and a 12 month old PC and also getting this error with increasing frequency over the last 3-4 months when burning audio CDs for Xmas. CD burning would stop at 2% or 3% completed. It would take 5 or 6 attempts before I got a completed CD. Also thought it was a media or drive error so use several blank disks from two different packs of disks. Frustrated I looked up error 30C00 on Google and found it was an error possibly caused by time delays between Media Monkey and the CD disk writing device. Putting on old IT programmers hat on and looking at the PC performance stats in Task manager, it looked like Media Monkey was being too busy scanning my 57,000 audio and video files in background. Media Monkey is only designed for max 50,000 files so I thought I would help it scan. I stopped doing any other work in Media Monkey (like listening to music and downloading new music files at the same time), stopped Media Monkey from scanning continuously (in FILE, then ADD/SCAN, then click off SCAN CONTINUOUSLY) as well as cancelled all Google windows and any WINDOWS EXPLORER windows (which also do work in background through the Disk Processor. Suddenly my CDs started to burn OK again (most of the time). So if you have a media library bigger than the max 50,000 file limit, you need to help it along. Hope this helps.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no file limit in MediaMonkey, there are users with more than 1 million files. However the heavy load MediaMonkey was doing simultaneously may have been the problem.
mfletch2

Post by mfletch2 »

Having same problem in Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330. Finally got flac to burn after a dozen blank cdrs. Went to download MM5 and no option for cd burning. Tried File add/scan and not continually scanning in background no success. Figure to put this here before I invest in external cdr/dvr
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Audio CD burning is back in 5.0.4. Alpha versions you can download from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts