error message 199680

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

edkeef

error message 199680

Post by edkeef »

was just wondering if anyone knows what this code might mean

I receive this message while trying to burn a cd....it will burn a partial playlist and then stop in the middle with a burn fail message and the code 199680....I have tried searching this, but cannot find any mention of any error codes and what they imply...

can someone help?

thanks
ed k
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

were you trying to burn as a data disk or a audio disk.

it might be the memory location that the disk ran out of room. ?
which could happen if you were trying to burn more songs then you are allowed in audio mode or in data mode.

audio mode means you are making it for the lenght of time for all the songs, and the cdrom only has about 80 minutes or less
to use.
data mode means you are making it for the size of all the files of the songs. and the cdrom only has 800 mb's or maybe 650 mb's so you can't make a huge playlist burned in any way just those amount of sizes.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
edkeef

error message 199680

Post by edkeef »

thanks keith/roving cowboy,

i was trying to burn a audio cd of a playlist i made that was not longer than the 80 min cd ...

i have been able to burn other cds/playlists....
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt...

i think it's kind of odd that media monkey spits out an error code, yet no reference to ANY error codes of any kind come up when searching by error code...and there is no way to contact them about it?

do you know how to contact the administrators of media monkey?

thanks again
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You could open a support ticket at faq.mediamonkey.com
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as in the pm to you.

you have already contacted the developers. just by posting in the forum.

of that i am 100% sure. :D

but its really hard to know what the error numbers are. only windows developers know what their numbers mean and only if they worked on that part of the code.?

most long ones are memory errors if they are all zeros with an x and an number.

8)

in your second pm you said you got it burned thats good.
and it was showing 799 mb's for 79 minutes of songs. but you were not sure why it did that.
so as for the answer i said in the reply to you i'll post here for others that might need to see the help also.

ah haaa this i know to be an error of windows.

for some reason windows is messing up with reporting the sizes of the files. i have that same trouble. i've learned to keep the size down to about 25 mb's less of what it needs.

if the size is reported to be 700. i'll make it smaller to 675 mbs just to make sure there is room.

also never fill up the cdrom with songs. each cdrom needs about 2 mb's for the file index or table of contents for the computer to find the songs.

and the songs can be larger as you seen it depends on what amount of bit rate the song was recorded at. a song of 196 kbps rat is smaller then one of 320 kbps rate.

so if your computer is reporting the correct size of the files then that could be the reason for the larger mb size the what is useable on a cdrom.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, true is that there is no clear way how to find what the error means, I am improving this in the next build.

There is a list of sense error codes:
http://www.cdspeed2000.com/errorcodes.html

And 199680 (decimaly) = 30c00 (hexadecimaly) which means WRITE ERROR, there is a lot of reasons for this including hardware and software.

Hard to say what we could do about this, but one thing you may want to try is to burn without
[ ] On the fly audio burning (untick it),
it probably could cause the write problem on some RW drives that cannot wait for data preparing.
Noodler

Post by Noodler »

I've been doing a bunch of on the fly burning over the past week. I've been using a generic brand of inject printable I get from a local chain of electronic supplies and have been getting no errors.

However, I just 'splurged' and got myself another spindle by HP and have been getting error after error after error. The HP discs have been doing fine for data discs (for which I tend to use Sonic software not MM - and not b/c MM is deficient - just what I've always used with no probs).

So, I think in my case it's got to do with the media itself. Not so much the program.
CyberKnight13

Re: error message 199680

Post by CyberKnight13 »

Just turn down the write speed in MediaMonkey, works like a charm :)