Newbie: Vista and MM

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

karan1003

Newbie: Vista and MM

Post by karan1003 »

Hey all,

I'm using MM on Vista Ultimate, and it keeps hanging during various events. If i let any song play to the end, it hangs. If I try to play certain songs, it hangs. I'm relatively new to the program, so please excuse my newbieness...
If you need any more information, I can give.

Thanks,
Karan
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

Are you using MM3, or are you using the stable version actually released on the website? (2.5) MM3 handles vista much better than MM 2.5
mp3_monkey

Post by mp3_monkey »

I am using 2.5.5 on Vista without any issues (so far).

For those who do have issues, I found the following generic tips (which I did not have to follow for MM but have done so in other cases). May be helpful:

1) PREPARE THE SETUP FILE
Right click on the setup.exe file for the software/driver you are trying to install and select the compatibility Tab Tick the "run this file in compatibility mode" box and then select XP in the drop down box, Tick "run as Administrator" if it is available, hit OK

NOTE:If the Software/ installer (exe file) is on CD, copy the entire contents of the CD to a folder in Vista, then do the compatibility thing.

2) EXECUTE THE SETUP FILE
Now double click this setup.exe file to execute the install process, hopefully all will go well and install the drivers/Software you need.

3) PREPARE THE EXECUTABLE FILE
If the exe installs software for the device, or you have installed software only, you need to navigate to the program folder where it installed, then do the compatibility thing again for the program executable.