Artwork not showing

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Rafael Morgan

Artwork not showing

Post by Rafael Morgan »

Hi guys!
Some albuns are not showing there artwork. I have included album covers in there tag but nothing shows up. Even when I clean up the tag and re-include the artwork, it is not showing up.
Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Rafael.
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

what version you using?

i am having some trouble with the linking to album covers with the beta 4 refresh 2 version.

i just did add it to an ablum and the song played but it did not show up.

so if you are using the same version there must be something messing with art work again.?

if you got a different version maybe it is a bug but not showing up on all systems?

i'm going to try to figure mine out more. maybe you can do a debug log to help the developers figure out your trouble.?
8)
Lavrendi

Re: Artwork not showing

Post by Lavrendi »

Rafael Morgan wrote:Hi guys!
Some albuns are not showing there artwork. I have included album covers in there tag but nothing shows up. Even when I clean up the tag and re-include the artwork, it is not showing up.
0. Click one track and select Properties|Illustrations. Delete all Artwork. Check if other tracks has been proceeded as well.

Other possible steps:
1. Check if ALL tracks in the folder have EXACTLY the SAME Album Artist and SAME Album name.
2. Rename tracks uniformly is not necessary, but may not hurt either
3. Check if artwork size is valid and not too large to be included
5. Delete the Album in the library (just entries, not the files!) and then tescan the folder.

Good luck
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i checked my troubles as i said i would do.
but they were not really trouble it was just that monkey needed rebooted
after using the files to edit node's unknown albumart node, it appearently just writes the link to a notepad file and does not create the link until it monkey is closed.

but if i use the properties of the song from a playlist or from the my computer node folders the art work is linked when i press the okay button on the properties panel.

adding the artwork by right clicking on the album art viewing window and using the context menu did not seem to work even with closing monkey?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
mikolajek

Post by mikolajek »

I have similar problem - the album cover exists but it is not shown by MM... :-?

It looks the reason is the fact, that the album cover is not placed on the 1st position in the AlbumArt (files' properites). That can be corrected manually - but can it be done automatically?
Rescannning track does not resolve this issue... :(
Kos

album art jungle!

Post by Kos »

I have only recently begun to include album art in the tags of my 12000+ songs. And surfing the internet forums (mm, creative, wmp, twonky, etc.) has quickly convinced me that this area is very, very difficult to understand!

There are as many hints to why it doesn't work in certain situations as there are posters! For instance: When I synchronise my Creative Zen V with WMP11 the album art comes through - but it doesn't work with Creative's own software (for me, that is!).

I have also - with my own eyes - seen how even Windows' own products perform differently album art wise: Album art may be seen in WMP - but stays invisible in the Windows Media Center.

Maybe someone could make an album art manual?! Album art seems to live a life of it's own!

Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

album art rule of thumb then will be listed as.

Murphys Law.
what can go wrong will at the most inop time.
8) :lol: :D :P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Kos

art jungle

Post by Kos »

Well put, rovingcowboy!
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime