studio.exe error

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TB

studio.exe error

Post by TB »

I've just downloaded the software and installed it. I get a can't find studio.exe error. I am running NT sp6 on a dell. Am I missing a file?

Thanks
jiri

Post by jiri »

Studio.exe or anything similar isn't necessary for Songs-DB. Could you send me the full error message you get?

Jiri
numbnu7s

Studio.exe is winamp3

Post by numbnu7s »

I ran into Studio.exe problems with Winamp 3. It is the 'media player' portion of winamp 3. I specifically ran into it when I uninstalled Winamp3 (which is bloatware) in lieu of winamp2x.

If you change your mpg/avi/wmv associations to something other than winamp it may work for you.

Check Winamps message board for more info about this.

Jiri, I would like to request that you do not incorporate winamp3 into songs-db. Winamp3 has a 12Mb memory footprint as compared to the 2 to 3Mb memory footprint for 2x.

thanks
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thank you for the information, you are right, it could have been the reason.

Currently Songs-DB already has a powerful internal player and so there is no reason to support anything else. WinAmp2 will still be supported as an external player because of its exceptionial position among players, but that's all.

Jiri

Re: studio.exe error

Post by Guest »

TB wrote:I've just downloaded the software and installed it. I get a can't find studio.exe error. I am running NT sp6 on a dell. Am I missing a file?

Thanks
rusty

studio.exe error

Post by rusty »

You're most likely running into this problem because you've tried to configure MediaMonkey to interface to Winamp 3 (which isn't compatble with MediaMonkey). We've intentionally focused on Winamp 2 because of its lighter footprint.

If you re-configure MediaMonkey to use the internal player instead of Winamp 3, the errors should go away.

Re: studio.exe error

Post by Guest »

rafael german montaño wrote:
TB wrote:I've just downloaded the software and installed it. I get a can't find studio.exe error. I am running NT sp6 on a dell. Am I missing a file?

Thanks
:roll: