Trouble with wma encoding

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

scherer43

Trouble with wma encoding

Post by scherer43 »

I am determined to convert my mp3 collection to wma due to the amount of space I can save on my Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra. I have tried using my favorite program MM, as well as many other encoders, converters etc. It will work well for a while and then Windows XP tells me there is an error and it has forced the program to quit. I then send the error report to microsoft. Does anybody know how I might solve this?

I have tried many, many different programs. each works for awhile before eventually disappointing me and p***ing me off. I know there are some very wise people here in regards to music files esp. Jiri & Rusty. Does anybody think they might be able to help. Also I have doewnloaded and installed all the win xp updates.

Thanks for any help,
Scherer43

PS. - When can we expect the next MM
Lowlander

More info needed

Post by Lowlander »

You should include more information about the error. Like this it's hard to find a solution.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

unless it is the same error i get and everyone else seems to be getting then it is not hard to know what he means.

it is not a media monkey error or it would not happen in any other music program.

let me take a guess at this. tell me if i am right.:D

1 you start any program, music game what ever your doing.
2 you play or use the program for about an hour, or two.
3 the screen goes black and the alert from microsoft pops up saying the program has caused an error and needs to send a report to micorsoft.
4 you click it and then the program is shut down,

8) am i wrong in the above?

i think not as the program that it says caused the error most the time is not the one that caused the problem.

so i will tell you how to fix this trouble or make it stay away longer any ways. :D

A. get the system admin. to increase the amount of swap file to atleast 2250 mb's for the max. and 2249 mb's for the intial amount.

B. get more ram for your computer windows xp requires about 150 mbs for its own use. anything less then that makes it start and run in the swapfile.
minium amount of ram for xp if you want to do any thing on the computer other then start it up and let it look pretty,
is the amount of 512 mb's that is the minium some have put 1 gb of ram in it to get the errors to stop. ( but they play games like quake and unreal)

C. get the free tweaking program from xteq.com and use it. (you might have to update it after you download it.) but xteq setup uses plugin style of tweaks. and there is one tweak that allowes you to put a command in the right click menu that will start and run any exe you use that command on, in HIGH proirity, which will let your program you want to use at run faster on the computer then the rest of the programs.

1a. doing all that has helped with the errors i use to get with xp.

if doing that does not help for you then there is a program you have installed some where that does not like xp and you will need to hunt it down and make it compatible or remove it from the computer.

there is nothing else anyone can figure out for this error to keep showing up.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
scherer43

tried these: no luck

Post by scherer43 »

I have tried all of your ideas, they seem to help a little bit but they do not eliminate the problem. I really don't understand the problem, my computers pretty nice. I have 1 GB of ram so that shouldn't be the problem. I have an AMD 3000 processor! I can't figure out this error and it really sucks. I can do the converting manually one by one but i would like to do them in batch format and this error keeps interupting me.

To clarify: The error message states this- Mediamonkey "has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Now, I know this is a not a mediamonkey bug, but i was hoping others were having this same problem and could suggest some things. Cowboy thank you for your answer it was helpful, it just didn't eliminate the problem which is what i'm aiming at doing. Much thanks though.

If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks