Album Art Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

Album Art Issues

Post by DMLCo »

Here is what I'm doing. This is either a bug or a wishlist item, but I dunno which. :)

* When a track is playing, press CTRL+L to do the Amazon Lookup.
* I have the art set to update the tag if possible.
* All looks good, the album cover now shows up in the lower left.

Now comes the weirdness

* IF I click off that track, then back onto it, the album art is gone.
* If, however, I press CTRL+S while still on the track to synch the tags, the art remains.

* In either case, the art is NOT applied to other tracks on the same album, no matter what I do. Under EDIT ... PROPERTIES for the track, apply to all tracks of the album IS checked.

So, the question, I guess, is why do I lose the art if I just move the highlight off the item and, more imprtantly, how do I get the image to "spread" to the other tracks as well?

-Daniel
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

monkey is not set up to do the auto add to all files on the album like you want.

you need to have the album artist and the album names all the same for the songs you want. if you want it on an album of various artists it will work.

but not from online i think you need trixmoto's album art tagger script.

the way monkey does it is just what is selected. or all the tags are filled correctly. but the tags only works if your using the editing panel for the songs.

you might try selecting all the songs you want that album art for. the right clicking on the album art to get its context menu up and see if you can add the song to the others on the album besides the one that is playing.

just becareful in doing things like that. i have found some times the songs have had all the album art in one song and the other songs on the album had none?
so i did a lot of removing from one song and lots of adding to the others one at a time.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you are using the latest version of MediaMonkey (2.5.4) as this solves a file locking bug.
Does this still occur with MediaMonkey 2.5.4?
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

I upgraded to 2.5.4 (hadn't seen a new version was out, good catch), and the same behavior happens. Just to reiterate:

* Whether in a playlist, or in a listing of all tracks on an album (that is, anywhere in MM that I can be), I select a SINGLE song.
* CTRL+L, save image to tag.
* If I immediately synch tags, the image is saved. If I don't, the image is lost.
* The image is NOT saved to other tags on the same album (confirmed by going under ALBUMS, and doing the process on 1 track out of 9 on a single album. Only that 1 now displays the album cover).

I think the issue is with saving the image to the tag; that is, if I saved the image to a local directory, I think it works correctly, but not when saving to the tag.

-Daniel
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What file format do the tracks have and where is the image before adding to a track? Do you have them saved locally or are they on a webpage?

Please explain step by step how you add the album art.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

mp3.

Not sure I can explain it any more step by step.

* Click on a track.
* Press CTRL + L
* Find the right album, select which details to save.
* Click AUTO TAG
* Select SAVE TO TAG IF POSSIBLE
* Hit OK

At that point, if I press CTRL+S, the image is saved to that track, but not to other tracks on the album. If I do anything else (click on another track, whatever), the image is lost, and not saved to the track.

-Daniel
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as said monkey only does the album art for the selected file.

if your doing it online to the one playing file then it is the one selected file.

you are wanting an option to make it add art to all files on the one album when you sync the album art from online.

that would involve having monkey scan your database for the other songs
listed on the same album as the one currently playing. then add the album cover to all the songs.

i think that needs to be done in a script. did you check the art scripts by trixmoto he made a couple of them to work with amazon.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

rovingcowboy wrote:as said monkey only does the album art for the selected file.
Then why is there an option for any file that says "apply album art to all other songs on the album?"

-Daniel
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I have experienced this issue also, although not consistently enough to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem.
I have the latest release of MM and generally I tag from Amazon and embed in MP3's.

What I do now, to minimise the issue is...

While a song is playing if there is no art,
Right Click on the Song
Select "Find more of the same Artist/Album etc
Check the other songs on the album to see if they have art,
if they do, I bring up the properties for that song and save (with "apply album art to all other songs on the album" checked)
If they don't I tag all highlighted tracks from Amazon and retrace the steps above and below...

Once this is done…
Go back into one of the songs only because if you enter properties with all songs highlighted you see no art at all,
if the art is there but the "No Album Art" image is also there either ahead or after the Front Cover Art,
remove it and click ok to save to all other tracks. (again you must have the "apply album art to all other songs on the album" checked to do this)

It is important to allow the programme time to do the tagging, before moving on or doing something else. There is a progress indicator e.g. "4 tracks to be tagged" at the bottom of the main MM window.
If you interrupt this, tagging may not happen to all tracks.

While tagging, the song playing audio playback will be disrupted but should return to playback ok.

I have found from experience you cannot just tag an album and move on without double checking. Often for whatever reason not all tracks get tagged.

I do think this is an area that needs looking at.
but slowing down the tagging process as I have, does make album art tagging more consistent.

Hope this helps
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Are you in the my computer node, or one of the library nodes?

If you are tagging viat the my computer node, the MM does not track the 'all tracks in the album' cause it does not know which tracks are part of the same album because its not in the library.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

DMLCo

In the Options > Tags & Playlists do you have the option Update tags when editing properties selected?

As for auto-tag from Amazon. it only updates the selected tracks, that is the tracks selected in the auto-tag from Amazon window. For album art this counts to which is different from other album art tagging situations where there is an option to update all other tracks on the album.
As for album art when you have all tracks on an album selected and try to edit the album art properties, that doesn't work. If you select more than 1 track and edit album art properties it will show no album art (this has been reported before).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

DMLCo wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:as said monkey only does the album art for the selected file.
Then why is there an option for any file that says "apply album art to all other songs on the album?"

-Daniel

i've never had it work for just playing a file and telling it to add the album art to that file and the whole ablum.

the only way i have had it work is selecting one file on one album then using the properties for the song file then going to the tab for album art and putting the songs album art in with that option selected.

it then adds the art to all the songs on that album.

how ever it wont show that it added them on the current now playing playlist. you need to restart the playlist again to get it to show that the album art has been put to the song's files.

this seems to be caused by monkey using an m3u playlist for the now playing playlist. go to the playlist or node for the album or artist and check
there to see if the album art really has been added to all the songs on that album.

8)
bradshawmt2

ALBUM ART ISSUES NOT RESOLVED FROM PRIOR POSTS

Post by bradshawmt2 »

Hi. I'm new and have been overwhelmed with MM's capabilities while using it on my laptop. I just loaded it onto my desktop, and things don't work the same. Specifically, I have the same CTRL-L album art problem as posted by a user at:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12329&

In short, the art shows up in the window, then appears to be downloaded to "all tracks" and appears in the lower left window (default location). however, as soon as you click another album and come back, the album art is gone. Unlike the prior user, an immediate synch after downloading the art does NOT work for me. I'm baffled.

I have verified that all settins are identical between my laptop and desktop versions (all 2.5.4 version). Thus, there must be something set differently on my Windows system perhaps? Does Ctrl-L (amazon album art search) invoke web queries via Internet Explorer? Are there security settings that could be blocking the auto-tag exercise? I changed all security settings in Internet Explorer to "low security" settings, but it still does not work. Any help would be better than any Christmas present I'll receive! :oops: