Adding files slows down the system

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sdvorian

Adding files slows down the system

Post by sdvorian »

WinME, MediaMonkey 2.0 Build 1.557
It's been around half a month since I installed and ENJOYED mediamonkey. Adding files was no problem. While they were beeing added in the background I could easily switch to and work in other applications, listen to music in MM etc. No visible slowdown was noticed. The priority of file adding process was set to lower.

Adding new files is something I do everyday. So everyting worked just fine. BanG! Something happenned, since yesterday adding files became a nightmare. While files are beeing added I can't do anything else with the computer (the priority is set to lower).

What did I do wrong? How to fix it?

P.S. Thanks to the authors of MM for the excellent piece of software.
Lowlander

Compact library?

Post by Lowlander »

Have you done an update library with compact database selected recently.
Not sure that has any influence, but it's worth a try.
sdvorian

Post by sdvorian »

Nope, updating the library didn't help. :(
jiri

Post by jiri »

Haven't you done something recently, like adding a new plug-in to MM or something like this? Then I would definitely try to install MM to a new folder and see if it works well there. Based on this we will see what to do next.

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

this is quite possible a windows me error.

i have to keep running scandisk when i use win me, and add programs and files to a certian level of hard drive filling.

when the c drive free space gets too low i found that win me will start with the slowing down or the error pop up will start in it.

i got a second hd and leave 2 to 3 gbs free on c drive that seems to have worked for my win ME computer.

of course i do clean out junk files every day.

try this program it migh surprise you even if you been cleaning your computer every day.

http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

this program ran for 30 minutes the frist time i ran it. and it cleaned out 400 mbs worth of temp and files that were not used after programs were set up. as well as cookies that were not asked to be put in the computer but were anyway.

i now run it ones every two or three days.

tell us what you find out :P
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.