Rip files to wrong folder

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

meatsean

Rip files to wrong folder

Post by meatsean »

I normally rip MP3 files to folder A. In error, I rip several Albums to folder E so I cut and paste Album files from folder E into folder A. I also deleted folder E. But when I open tracks previously rip to folder E in MM, the tracks are greyed out and MM does not play track. So I add/rescan files to library. Now when I pull up Artist, MM is displacing tracks from path C:\Users\Vega\folder A and C:\Users\Vega\folder E. How can I get MM to display tracks from folder A since folder E no longer exist?

I have MM version 4.120.1864

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Rip files to wrong folder

Post by Lowlander »

Use Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the Media Tree to remove the files from the E folder.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thank you for your help.

In Files to Edit, I also noticed 168 files with Inconsistent Artwork. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You don't have to "fix" anything listed in the Files to Edit nodes. They're an aide in identifying files that may require fixing. In this case you may have different Artwork for files on the Album.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

I know you said I don't have to "fix" anything listed in the Files to Edit nodes but there are several tracks listed in 'unanalyzed volume'. I ran 'analyze volume' and 'level track volume' but tracks are still in unanalyzed volume after I refresh. How do I clear unanalyzed volume?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Files with either Track or Album Volume empty will be listed here. Album Volume will only be calculated if all files on Album art selected for Analysis and if there is more than 1 file on the Album.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

I selected all files for Analysis, Right clicked on selected area, selected analyze volume from menu, Allowed MM to perform task, At completion, I Refreshed. But tracks are still listed in Files to Edit node Unanalyzed volume. I did same steps for Level track volume. But tracks are still listed in Files to Edit node Unanalyzed volume. Did I miss something?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is very strange and I can't replicate. If you enable Volume level Column in Track view and select tracks with missing Volume Leveling index after Analyze volume (rightclick on selected tracks -> Analyze volume) column should be filled with result.

Can you either confirm MMW analyze tracks or do not fill the leveling info?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check the Track Volume and Album Volume values, are they both known for files listed?

Note that all files on the Album need to be selected for Album Volume to be calculated, not all files on the Album may be listed in that node.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

These are the file that are stuck in Files to Edit node Unanalyzed volume.

MM analyzes ALL tracks.

I notice another odd thing. When I rip audio CD, the tracks are listed in Files to Edit node Unanalyzed volume. I have to select all files, selected analyze volume from menu, Refreshed to move files out the node. But I can't get files shown in first image to clear out of the node.

Settings for rip audio CD

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That clearly shows Album Volume is unknown.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Yes it does but I have followed your instructions (Album Volume will only be calculated if all files on Album art selected for Analysis and if there is more than 1 file on the Album) and the problem still exist. Any other ideas how to fix the problem?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The fact that you selected all files there, doesn't mean all files on the Album were selected.

Right click on a file and use Find More from Same > Album. Then select all files and Analyze.
meatsean

Post by meatsean »

Thank you. Problem solved.

One last related issue: When I rip audio CD, the ripped tracks are listed in Files to Edit node Unanalyzed volume. I have to select all files, selected analyze volume from menu, Refreshed to move files out the node. Is there a default setting in MM that automatically analyzes volume? See image in earlier post above for my Settings for Rip Audio CD.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Volume Leveling and enable the option to this automatically for unanalyzed files.