sound quality

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

whinston

sound quality

Post by whinston »

I started ripping my CDs to my hard drive. I thought I was creating files that are CD quality, but now I'm not so sure.Under "bitrate" I am seeing 192. IIRC, that's not even MP3 quality. Am I right?

Assuming these are not CD quality, how do I change my settings so that I am saving things in CD quality?

Thanks
yarguy

Re: sound quality

Post by yarguy »

What format are you ripping to?
whinston wrote:I started ripping my CDs to my hard drive. I thought I was creating files that are CD quality, but now I'm not so sure.Under "bitrate" I am seeing 192. IIRC, that's not even MP3 quality. Am I right?

Assuming these are not CD quality, how do I change my settings so that I am saving things in CD quality?

Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Change RIP destination Format to FLAC as it will then RIP in lossless (no quality loss) format so that you can enjoy them like you played a CD and also have full Metadata tagging.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
whinston

Post by whinston »

THank you, both.

I forget what format I had been ripping to.Someone (not on this thread) told me to use MP3, using variable bitrate, quality V0. He said that that would have some loss, but not enough for a human to hear a difference.

THat makes sense, I assume?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is notable on more quality equipment, but it really depends of source file quality. Today trend is to highly use Limiters and Compressors that hammers music Dynamics, but on tracks with full dynamics it is heard easily.

I really note difference from MP3 and FLAC in the car on higher volume and on my headphones.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts